Wifi Sd Card

Mr.Bungle

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I've seen alot of WiFi SD cards lately and was wondering if anyone had created software for the GP2X to make them compatable?

liammcc9 posted on Jul 26 2006 at 01:39 PM said:
what about a bluetooth sd card if not is there a usb bluetooth

?? I don't know of Linux support for USB bluetooth, but it is likely to be better than SD support.

SD is proprietary and GPL drivers just aren't released for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have been through this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. The answer is no, due to lack of open source drivers.

Please use the search next time.

ya, but how come if a USB wifi adaptor would work, how come the SD wifi adaptor wouldn't?

nubie posted on Jul 26 2006 at 01:51 PM said:
SD is proprietary and GPL drivers just aren't released for it.
cwncool posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:21 PM said:
ya at but how come if a USB wifi adaptor would work at how come the SD wifi adaptor wouldn't?
nickspoon posted on Jul 26 2006 at 01:53 PM said:
The answer is no, due to lack of open source drivers.
When I write it this way it just makes you seem foolish :).

I have a little time to kill, here goes.

This device uses Linux, to make drivers for linux you need the manufacturor to make them or document them, since it is the manufacturors Intellectual Property they aren't just going to give it away.

You must pay them to make the drivers, since this involves signing a non-disclosure agreement with the SD foundation it is impossible to release the source.

Thus each Device manufacturor (GPH in this case) must pay someone to make the drivers for each supported SD device, in this case limited simply to SD storage media.

USB is different and open, and so are some drivers, and you may have the source and compile it on your device for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back