Wifi Patches For N900 W Packet Injection On Pandora?

xopher

Please see here and discuss?

http://david.gnedt.eu/blog/wl1251/

If patch source is provided can this be implemented on the Pandora's kernel and modules?

Good to know that someone worked on this driver and (seems ) to have a decent speed increase.
Anyway this is not for direct apply to Pandora (but could it be if paid) but is developed for Maemo (N900).

The author ask some donation to release the source...maybe we can donate a Pandora to this guy and speed up the development of the driver..

Thank's xopher for the link.

I've inquired with him....we'll see. It's a bummer he got burned by the person who originally commissioned his talents. :(

EDIT: The author of the patches has no problem with us working with his patches but he did say in his response....

"but you should know that there may be some problems if this device uses the sdio interface instead of spi"

I wonder if Notaz or anyone else may have interest in looking into this for us or someone willing to take me under their wing and teach me new stuff. I'm currently asking him how to properly redistribute since I do not want to take anything away from his donation drive. Is anyone interested, willing to help?

I saw those packet injection patches and they can be applied with some modification, I just don't have required setup to properly test them. Can't comment about his fixes as he has not released them publicly from what I can see.

notaz said:
I saw those packet injection patches and they can be applied with some modification, I just don't have required setup to properly test them. Can't comment about his fixes as he has not released them publicly from what I can see.

I've had a brief conversation with him, he doesn't mind if I share the patches with another dev. Out of respect for his situation I will not post them out in the open. Would you be willing to take a look at the source Notaz? If so, please PM me and I can arrange to get the source to you.

I'll also be very happy to help test :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, come on :) Wifi is working, not fast but it def. works so it was not as unsuccessfull as you are saying :)

Hi Notaz....I understand frustration :) Dave sent me a PM to relay should you decide to pick things up at all. This is what he had to say:

"The low performance may be caused by the always enabled bluetooth-coexistence. You can give patch 4 a try, it should fix that issue."

Dunno if that helps but in my experience with my Pandora I have noticed that the two radios definitely interfere with one another; I loose bluetooth range and wifi speed when both are enabled but not being much more than a power user I can only think that it is because they are operating at the same frequency or something and that patch he mentions might have magic *shrug* Anyhow hope you and the rest of the community had a wonderful New Year.

If we get packet injection to work does this mean certain programs on like those on backtrack 4 will work on the pandora?? :)

gotwake424 said:
If we get packet injection to work does this mean certain programs on like those on backtrack 4 will work on the pandora?? :)

Exactly ;)

xopher said:
gotwake424 said:

Exactly ;)

sign me up for NMAP, Wireshark, Ntop and of course some others ;)
Will start a bounty for this! I would love to be able to use my pandora for pen testing

Personally much more than packet injection, I'm hoping we'll get the "bluetooth coexistence" from that driver. Might help explain why I see so many people with conflicting experiences with the wifi (and bluetooth) on the current driver.
(Edit: And of course the various other fixes)

Well I am willing to offer up a 10USD bounty to whoever gets a solid port of this driver going w/packet injection

xopher said:
I donated to the N900 version I'll add 20USD to this as well. Anyone, Bueller.....Bueller??

I started a thread/bounty on the Openpandora boards to see if i could generate a little more intreset for this port.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/3013-wireless-driver-wpacket-injection-support-bounty/

I hope you don't mind that i included you in the bounty there. Please tell me if you would like me to take it off.

Otherwise i really hope we can generate more intreset for this project!

gotwake424 said:
xopher said:
I donated to the N900 version I'll add 20USD to this as well. Anyone, Bueller.....Bueller??

I started a thread/bounty on the Openpandora boards to see if i could generate a little more intreset for this port.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/3013-wireless-driver-wpacket-injection-support-bounty/

I hope you don't mind that i included you in the bounty there. Please tell me if you would like me to take it off.

Otherwise i really hope we can generate more intreset for this project!

Thank you!! I will chime in to confirm my offering :)

Back