Wifi access key troubles

Stainy

Advanced Member
I can see a couple of posts regarding wifi. Has anyone managed to fix it so when lifting the lid after going into low power mode i have to put the wireless key in. Everytime my Pandora comes out of low power mode it doesn't remember my wifi key..

Sent from my Amiga 500 using the cli.

It remembers mine. Once entered I never have to enter the wifi key.

To be sure, are you absolutely certain it is asking for the wifi key and not the token ring key?

It remembers mine. Once entered I never have to enter the wifi key.

To be sure, are you absolutely certain it is asking for the wifi key and not the token ring key?
Thanks WS

absolutely sure! ok I think I`ve fixed it.. right clicking on connections and editing my wireless at home... seems to remember and connect to it coming out of sleep..

Just noticed also..

I close the lid.. wifi goes off... then a little while later wifi light is on.. and I can see the screen is on if I lift the lid a tiny bit..

As if there`s a time limit for sleep mode.. or it thinks the lids up and the screen/wifi comes on..

For me the wifi stays on if I shut the lid. I need to push the power button to the right to sleep and lift the lid almost 1cm before the lcd is switched on.

I occasionally have issues connection passwords. The keyring password appears to behave as expected and prompt once per sesson but I do suffer from lots of connect drop outs and when re-establishing it can often ask for the router's passphrase.

I made things a lot better but getting an old linksys cable router and installing dd-wrt on it and made it a wireless router (a client of my main netgear pre-n adsl router). I have some wired things of the back of it too. It is better situated and the Pandora connects better and stays connected more often and is much quicker (read usable) and lesss passphrase prompts when connected to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I occasionally have issues connection passwords. The keyring password appears to behave as expected and prompt once per sesson but I do suffer from lots of connect drop outs and when re-establishing it can often ask for the router's passphrase.

If you suffer connection dropouts, then have you check your router is on an unused channel?

...I had connection dropouts on my netbook, after switching the wifi router to an unused channel, it fixed the problem.

Back