Wierd Cd-i System

it's a console from the 3do / mega cd days, all of the 1st gen cd consoles failed.

the cdi only has a handful of good games which are conversions of arcade stuff like mad dog mcree and dragons lair etc

i know what a cd-i is and the type of games. I thought i've seen all the different designs but i never saw this one before and wanted to know if anybody else has/or had one that could comment on if it was better than the original designs or not.

Angel posted on Jul 22 2005 at 09:30 PM said:
i know what a cd-i is and the type of games. I thought i've seen all the different designs but i never saw this one before and wanted to know if anybody else has/or had one that could comment on if it was better than the original designs or not.

many manufactures made the cdi, just like the 3do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I OWN a CD-I. :)

It wasn't designed as a games console at all. It was more designed as a sort of 'lifestyle' product. It could play Video CDs, and a LOT of them were released, I believe specifically for use with the CD-I. Though it could just play games aswell. :) Some of them are good, but... most are pretty naff.

why not :D i'm tempted to pick one up as well, just to add to the collection, though. there aren't many 3do games that stand out...

Back