Wierd Bootsound Problem...

NoidZ

Mind the world, need for panic
Sometimes when I boot my GP2X my bootsound plays twice as fast and ends with a noize sound :huh: Does anyone else has this problem???

Yes, quite rare that it happens, but it happens exactly how you describe it. Noticed a few other people with the problem too, so it's probably a bug :)

lol
i get that problem sometime in my movie player
launch the movie, and its all double speed, quite funny to listen to infact

I had made a bootsound and transfered it to the device. When I turn it on, it ALWAYS plays twice as fast as it should. I thought maybe I had set the bitrate to high or something, so I played around with different settings. Does it happen 100% of the time for anyone else with a custom bootsound?

snailian posted on May 22 2006 at 08:53 PM said:
I had made a bootsound and transfered it to the device. When I turn it on, it ALWAYS plays twice as fast as it should. I thought maybe I had set the bitrate to high or something, so I played around with different settings. Does it happen 100% of the time for anyone else with a custom bootsound?

Mine is a custom bootsound. I've changed it now, and seems to work fine. Check out this one:
GP2X Bootsound

If this one doesn't work right, I may consider using a silent bootsound or send it back :)

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
*sigh* I just found this information in the Official Bootsound thread:

"Well I did some more research on why it comes out squeaky sounding. The rate must be 22050 Hz or else it will be converted down when put on the 2x, which changes the speed of the sound. That is the cause of the squeakies!"

I know that I tried that bitrate, but I'll play with it again. I hope this is helpful.

snailian posted on May 22 2006 at 10:24 PM said:
*sigh* I just found this information in the Official Bootsound thread:

"Well I did some more research on why it comes out squeaky sounding. The rate must be 22050 Hz or else it will be converted down when put on the 2x, which changes the speed of the sound. That is the cause of the squeakies!"

I know that I tried that bitrate, but I'll play with it again. I hope this is helpful.

My custom bootsounds had both a bitrate of 22050Hz, but then again, it happened sometimes with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back