Widescreen Pc Monitors

Steve-O

Are Widescreen PC LCD Monitors any good for gaming with?? Looking at getting one but dont know wether to go widescreen of stay standard...

Steve-O posted on Oct 6 2006 at 06:35 PM said:
Are Widescreen PC LCD Monitors any good for gaming with?? Looking at getting one but dont know wether to go widescreen of stay standard...

if i remember well.
i heard that not many vista games will be widescreen compatible.
otherwise get TV lcd with a DVI or VGA connection, i cant remember which one plugs into pc LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve-O posted on Oct 6 2006 at 12:35 PM said:

My brothers laptop is Widerscreen and he changes it to normal everytime he Play Battlfield 1942.

well after looking around them in the shops they look Very nice :D.. Going to buy one as soon as they get the HP one back instock :)

there a dell pc monitor who is widescreen and as tree video in and its built in. composite, componant and s-video. And you dont need a computer to make then work, its 900 $ cnd that must be 500 euro. It's realy great i have played on it with mame and the tv-fixed and even 4-3 format games are nice and vertical shooters woooooooo!

Next time i work i'l make a video and put it on youtube.

Some online multiplayer games dont support a widescreen fov.
So while it is great for movies its not a good choice if you want to play online.

only online games I play are HL2 and CS Source which is Widescreen enabled anyway so think I will be ok for online gaming. Plus new games comming out seem to all have the Widescreen option, seems like widescreen might be the way to go for future gaming like widescreen is the way to go for DVD Movies etc now....?

only thing I will loose is my Stereo 3D Glasses option but fook it, I can use them on my other PC with the CRT monitor :)

only game i recently played that doesn't support widescreen is bf2. pretty much everything else works.
and games are just cooler on it. plus tv and movies.

I've got a 19" Viewsonic, native 1440*900, and it's great. Very, very few modern games fail to support widescreen resolutions.

Logic 3 VGA Box arrived this morning, now all I need is the monitor :)

dammit... VGA Box faulty, No video signal... sending it out for replacement tomorrow :(

Fishbong posted on Oct 11 2006 at 11:05 PM said:
What do you need the VGA box for?

to connect PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, Freeview Box etc etc (anything that uses AV Leads) to the Monitor as well :)...

Back