Wi-fi

I think someone once worked on a sdio driver, but i dont know if he still works on it.
would be realy great if wi-fi over sd cards would be possible^^

ishmael said:
Wi-Fi SD card

<That guy over there (Me) & a Few Partners are currently Developing a wifi adaptor to sell to the masses.
First Prototype Should be Done in the Comming weeks.

Lee
Zero Day Tech.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love something like that, can't wait to see the finished product. Especially since I'm at school 90% of the time and don't always want to walk to the computer lab just to surf the net.

ZeroDayATK said:
ishmael said:
Wi-Fi SD card

<That guy over there (Me) & a Few Partners are currently Developing a wifi adaptor to sell to the masses.

Lee
Zero Day Tech.

ZeroDayATK said:
ishmael said:
Wi-Fi SD card

Lee
Zero Day Tech.

Assuming the price is fairly reasonable, I'm already bought.

If a wi-fi adapter were to use the SD slot, I would imagine that it would also need to have flash RAM on board - I mean how else are you going to do something useful with it?

The GP2X's 32MB of on board NAND isn't really enough.

There was a card release that had 256MB of storage + wifi. This is the right approach but I would think that you would really want more like 1GB minimum now.

The F-200 really should have had wi-fi built-in and using 2x AA batteries to compensate for the increase in power usage - then we would be seeing some killer apps!

slaanesh said:
If a wi-fi adapter were to use the SD slot, I would imagine that it would also need to have flash RAM on board - I mean how else are you going to do something useful with it?
Couldn't the adaptor integrate a micro sd or whatever?

Back