Whooow!!!!

Goity posted on Aug 5 2006 at 01:13 PM said:
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_in...ducts_id=100916

hoorah and the rest. Finally Rip off britain gets something fairly cheap. etc.

Anyways, just a heads up. I'd buy one if I wasn't poor.

Maybe I can convince 7day that this is advertisement and they'll give me one free?
Yay! Fuck 4gb ones, I'll just get like 8 of these for the same price :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to consider PQI a no brand but they've all been reliable for me in the last two years. In the U.S., they're selling 4gb 133x for US$89 as a regular price. 4gb 150x are US$99. This is around June 2006. when they go on sale, they go down another 10-15%. ...and this is in-store. ... not even counting online.

Magnulus posted on Aug 5 2006 at 02:08 PM said:
I feel less than secure about buying no-brand 2gig SD cards for 18 GBPs.

Check the reviews some dude said he uses it with his GP2X :)

I bought in some cheap SD cards and noticed they tend to fall apart quite easily and die suddenly, but at these prices who really cares...

Fat Agnus posted on Aug 5 2006 at 01:32 PM said:
I used to consider PQI a no brand but they've all been reliable for me in the last two years. In the U.S., they're selling 4gb 133x for US$89 as a regular price. 4gb 150x are US$99. This is around June 2006. when they go on sale, they go down another 10-15%. ...and this is in-store. ... not even counting online.
I have a 2GB 133x PQI and its very good.

well, i think you should hang fire for a bit, i bought one this week, received it today, managed to format it once, now windows wont even read the card, cant reformat.

i know its the card, cos the one i use for the ds work like a dream, so mine will be giong back on monday

Are there any problems streaming video off these cheap cards?

I have a cheap (kingmax or something??) card and a sandisk (both 1GB) and I think I found the cheaper one meant juddery video..

Then again I think I've seen juddery video off the sandisk one as well.

Maybe if you've been playing games and then try to play video, the ram get's fragmented and that affects it?

(Note this was just playing a lost.torrent episode - so 720x480 or something).

Kev

RAM is solid state memory. It has no seek time so fragmentation is not an issue. What is however, is the clockspeed. Press Y to adjust it in the video player. Also I believe that this card is the standard speed. I don't actually know what it is but unless you SanDisk one is on of their Ultra II or what ever they are called. Then they should be the same speed.

The sandisk one isn't an ultra2, but I thought there were various different speeds of SD - definitely writing to the sandisk one is faster(!) than the cheap one.

So these defragging memory tools you can use on PCs, just defrag virtual memory?

Will press 'Y' in the video player and see what that does then - thanks :)

Kev

SD comes in speeds of 50x and below to 150x and above. Check the speed when you're buying a card, that cheap one might not be a good deal.

If they don't state the speed assume it is the slowest they can make (thus the cheap prices). I'd not be suprised if they are under 50x (compared to 150x on a decent card). So it is likely that they won't play movies very well.

Back