Whoohoo The Gp2x Is Better Than Even My Expectations

morcar

Still Fresh
yip have to admit it`s very good and just what i needed as i was going to buy a DS again, but this gives me all the power i need and the old games to boot. Not to mention it plays films, pics and music for me. Well worth the money i have to say and i`m glad you guys are doing stuff for it. good job everyone

Yes, the gp2x kicks ass. when i first got my gp2x, i spent about as much time on it as my mame cabinet. it's just cool seeing such good emulations on a handheld with drag and drop simplicity.

A whole lotta happy in that little black plastic housing, huh? :D

I had my doubts with the light plastic casing, but when I played Earthbound full speed with sound I was sold!

You want love? My handheld collection consists of these systems, plus virtually every game for each system:

1) Lynx
2) NeoGeo Pocket
3) Nomad
4) Game Gear
5) Mattel Baseball
6) Mattel Football
7) Mattel Football II
8) Mattel Basketball
9) Mattel Basketball II
10) GameBoy Advance
11) GameBoy Advance SP
12) GameBoy Micro
13) DS
14) DS Lite
15) PSP
16) GP32
17) GP2X
18) WonderSwan Crystal
19) VG Pocket Caplet
20) Turbo Express
21) Qizmondo
22) N-Gage QD

Mind you, this a playable collection...every system is displayed on my walls, with its games if applicable, ready to play with. But the only one I actually play with is the GP2X.

dcpmark said:
>> heavy snippage <<
19) VG Pocket Caplet
Wow, so you're the other guy that bought one :lol:

Any idea what kind of cable I need for TV-Out? My local EB Games didn't carry them .. and my drawer-O'Cables let me down for the first time in years :(

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou said:
Any idea what kind of cable I need for TV-Out? My local EB Games didn't carry them .. and my drawer-O'Cables let me down for the first time in years :(
It's single headphone-sized jack that splits into one audio RCA jack and a video RCA jack.

Wow! I cant believe that I forgot two of my systems:

21) Qizmondo
22) N-Gage

dcpmark said:
Wow! I cant believe that I forgot two of my systems:

21) Qizmondo
22) N-Gage

That is Ok, those systems are quite easy to forget :p

It's so nifty having one that works now! It came with Firmware 3 though. Looks nicer than 2, so I dunno if I will downgrade or not.

I play neogeo games a lot.

TelcoLou said:
dcpmark said:
>> heavy snippage <<
19) VG Pocket Caplet
Wow, so you're the other guy that bought one :lol:

Hey I think three of them were sold. I have the third one. :blink:

For TV out I used the TV out cable for my VG Pocket Max. I found out that it will work with it by switching the RCA plugs when you plug it into your TV. Put the audio plug into the video and put the video into the audio. :)

edit: typos!

heh. the shortened version of the post's title appears in my rss as:

Whoohoo The Gp2x Is Better Than Even My Ex...

the mind boggles!

dcpmark said:
You want love? My handheld collection consists of these systems, plus virtually every game for each system:

1) Lynx
22) N-Gage QD
:blink: That's a lot of games... I think there are over 1000 games just for the GBA...? :D

deepmenace said:
heh. the shortened version of the post's title appears in my rss as:

Whoohoo The Gp2x Is Better Than Even My Ex...

the mind boggles!

23) My Ex

There, I fixed it for you. :p

Seriously though, I was also quite impressed with the GP2X. I'm not a huge fan of consoles or handhelds, but all the other things this little device does (video, audio, Linux apps, etc.) definitely put it into a category of its own.

slaanesh said:
dcpmark said:

1) Lynx
22) N-Gage QD
:blink: That's a lot of games... I think there are over 1000 games just for the GBA...? :D

Good point. I was definitely overstating my GBA games. I only have about 150 GBA games, and only about 50 are displayed at any one time. Game Gear and Nomad as well.....I have MOST games for those systems, but only 30-50 displayed at one time. I do every NeoGeo Pocket game, every Lynx game, every Gizmondo game, and every N-Gage game. I have most top-rated games for the Turbo Express, PSP, DS, and WonderSwan Crystal....I know it's over a 1000 games total for all the systems.

Back