Who Wants To Give A Dev A Free Caanoo?

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Hey.

So GPH aren't giving out any more developer Caanoo units, and instead giving them out to random fans on their Facebook page. I figure that the consoles are a lot better spent in the talented hands of developers who will actually do something with them, but otherwise couldn't afford one due to circumstances such as college fees or having a family. I feel that having a rich selection of games and applications will cause people to have a lot more reason to buy one than GPH handing them out to people.

So with your help, I want us to win latest contest to get a dev a Caanoo.

GPH held a contest prior to this which was exactly the same.

1. Someone must come up with an acronym for the word Caanoo.
  2. The entries are then voted for by other members of Facebook, by clicking the "like" button underneath.
  3. The entry with the most "like" votes wins a Caanoo.

The last contest ended up with users getting votes from friends to win and get themselves a Caanoo, so this is not much different.

Obviously we will then vote on who gets the Caanoo (you can leave your suggestions here)

I have made an entry, which you can find here, under the name "Nova Ohpensauce" ;). Simply 'like' the entry, and hopefully we will accrue enough to get one lucky developer a Caanoo.

Done...

But I liked this guys too...

aarono.png

please vote for me and if i win i will donate to dev cause i already have one on preorder thanks here is my meaning below and i have already submitted it.

C omputer (Gameing Handheld)
A dvanced (Today's Technolgy)
A rchitecture (Powerfull CPU, GPU)
N ative (Easy SDK Development)
O pen Source (unleash your mind)
O riginal (Nothing else Compares)

Wow guys, some solid work for just a few hours! We're only 36 behind the leader at the moment :)

Still need some recommendations for developers to be in the running for the freebie.

jutley said:
please vote for me and if i win i will donate to dev cause i already have one on preorder thanks here is my meaning below and i have already submitted it.

C omputer (Gameing Handheld)
A dvanced (Today's Technolgy)
A rchitecture (Powerfull CPU, GPU)
N ative (Easy SDK Development)
O pen Source (unleash your mind)
O riginal (Nothing else Compares)

...or you could cancel your preorder and run with the free Caanoo.

So maybe if it's ok with you, we proceed in the intended way? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i would never do that i am honest person i have voted for you aswell nova just thought the more of us the better chance we have to win the device i too would like to see it go to a dev so we can get better development for the caanoo.

The other way of looking at it is that the more separate entries there are to vote on, the most the vote is diluted and the less chance either entry has to win. ;)

Hi Nova,

I don't have a Facebook account and don't want one.
But I have posted your message on the German board.
Crossing fingers.

rds

Kasi

Very good action, Nova.

Unfortunately I boycott any form of social networks so I'm no help here...
Good luck nevertheless.

Thanks very much Kasi and sbock.

You'd be surprised how much information I had to give them before I could sign up with that fake name. I had to link one of my credit cards to the account before i could do anything!

Whoops, I entered too... then I read about your plan. Gave you my vote. :)

Like sbock, I too boycott these social networks.
Sorry I can't actually help you Nova but good luck getting your Caanoo for development.

I don't want to hijack this thread (Nova, feel free to split this) but I'm curious which dev already has a Caanoo.
I know Franxis, Pickle and SplinterGU have units. Anybody else?

sbock said:
I don't want to hijack this thread (Nova, feel free to split this) but I'm curious which dev already has a Caanoo.
I know Franxis, Pickle and SplinterGU have units. Anybody else?

That's all as far as I know too. GPH have been really stingy with dev units this time around I think.

As for dev's I'd like to see with a unit, I'd go for (in no particular order) Alex, Ruckage, Imerion, Exophase (But he's repeatedly said that if the Caanoo interests him, he'd buy one himself). There's so many more just as deserving devs though. It's just a shame that at best we can give them just one unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is one guy on there with 57 likes we all know that he bullshit his way got his mates from facebook to vote all his like so come on caanoo users get voting we got a long way to go yet.

Maybe they've been stingy because....
- They're starting their FunGP DRM app service, and using the Caanoo to premier that.
- They feel that most or all existing popular Wiz software can just be ported over

Admittingly, the company's need for devs is lesser because the system has pretty much the same guts powering it, with minor software differences.

Back