Still Fresh
Reason Slideout keyboard powns
- Laptop design looks dorky
- keyboard buttons getting in way of game buttons with current design
- Slideout keyboard makes pandora look smaller
- Put keyboard away when not needed

Reasons slide keyboard WILL NOT happen
-slide keyboard is patented
-design is finalized, and molds to be made soon (this topic has been murdered to death a million times over)
-slide keyboard is patented
-adding one now would send design back to pretty near square one, could make it more expensive, could diminish performance, and may make the device less durable
-SLIDE KEYBOARD IS PATENTED

get it through your heads, its not happening!

maybe for the (hopeful) Mk-II model, but not right now

the same goes for swivel screen, i would love to see a swivel screen, but its patented!

design is final, stop making posts about major changes! a few minor things are still in the air like letter fonts on the keyboard, but its about finished here.

Bloody hell, not another one of these. As Linkous said, it has been proven in numerous threads that the slide keyboard is patented.

You left out the option

'I will most definitely NOT buy a Pandora if it has one of those naff, tacky PATENTED slide-out keyboards"

I would've bought the n810 IF it had been a clamshell like the Pandora and Zaurus, who've got it right, and just how does the Pandoras keyboard 'get in the way' of the gaming controls? It doesn't- even DaveC says so!! ;)

Now please stop it with these pointless pandora mock-ups, I'm sure the dev team are just too polite to say how offensive these postings are.

danboid said:
You left out the option

'I will most definitely NOT buy a Pandora if it has one of those naff, tacky PATENTED slide-out keyboards"
Can we have a mod ad that option in and clear the vodes so I can re-vote? :p

I won't touch anything with a slide screen or slide keyboard. Too much movement. Not reliable enough. Clamshell is good though, it's been used enough to prove it's reliable, and most of all it protects the screen. So you don't have to carry it in a case which stops it being pocket sized.

Now please stop it with these pointless pandora mock-ups, I'm sure the dev team are just too polite to say how offensive these postings are.
I also agree this must be very insulting to the devs. Go make your own handheld is what I say.

Last edited by a moderator:

"Laptop design"? Oh, you mean clamshell. Like the most popular handheld gaming console in the world also uses.

The keyboard is below the other controls and couldn't possibly "get in the way". You may on occasion nudge a key while playing a game, but 99% of the time that won't affect anything (i.e. unless that key is mapped to something).

The thing is tiny as it is -- why would it need to be smaller?

BTW having a slideout keyboard would also likely impact on the battery size, reducing battery life...

Why not just leave it there? It doesn't hurt anyone. Will you be embarrassed or something?

The ability of turning the monitor 180 degrees would be a good compromise I think.

slint said:
The ability of turning the monitor 180 degrees would be a good compromise I think.
Please, this has been discussed. None of the suggestions here are going to happen. That includes slide-out keyboard, or rotating screens.

The designers of the Pandora do listen to suggestions, but they've also told us what they can't, not "won't", can't do.

I've taken the liberty of updating the wiki so our sanity remains intact. ;)
http://pandora.bluwiki.com/go/Pandora#Pand...ase_don.27t_ask

3Designer said:
Here we go again...
:lol:

viet0wnage said:
Reason Slideout keyboard powns
- Dorky? Are you afraid that your friends will laugh at you? Please, grow up.
- The keyboard isn't in the way of anything. It leaves plenty of room to rest your thumbs when using the game controls.
- It's already small enough.
- Do you put your computer's keyboard away when you're not using it? I didn't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back