Which Version Of Tetris Do You Like The Most?

The original Game Boy version is my favourite. Partly because it was the first game on the first console I ever owned. Partly because it always felt a bit more precise when moving pieces. Whenever I played the arcade version I was all over the place.
With the GB version when you're in the zone you can get a really good score but you'd have no recollection of doing it. (Seriously, I could be thinking about something else entirely then when I snapped out of it I was at 198 lines or something similar)

Oh and going to bed at night and still seeing tetris blocks was a bit disturbing. :blink:

Tetris is a little bit spoilt for me now though as I once read about a challenge to get as many Tetris' in a row as you can (4 lines at once) and now I'm obsessed with it and can no longer play it the normal way.

Radio posted on Feb 5 2006 at 07:39 AM said:
The original Game Boy version is my favourite. With the GB version when you're in the zone you can get a really good score but you'd have no recollection of doing it. (Seriously, I could be thinking about something else entirely then when I snapped out of it I was at 198 lines or something similar)
It's so easy to get into a trance when playing Tetris DX, it's scary. You just get carried away and act like a zombie. I find that while you're in the trance it's usually impossible to lose. Only when I snap out of it do I begin to mess up.

Radio posted on Feb 5 2006 at 07:39 AM said:
Oh and going to bed at night and still seeing tetris blocks was a bit disturbing. :blink:
Yep, those tetris shapes that glow on your retinas aren't all fun and games after all :(

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
i always felt like the original B/W GB version had a slight edge over the DX version.. it was a little harder and more balanced, even if it was less flashy. just 'felt' better. that game will always be the best.

the game i am on right now is an old GBC game called "ballistic" -- it might remind you of bust-a-move, or more recently zuma. i picked it up years ago for maybe ten minutes, had some empty fun with it, and tossed it aside.. recently for no particular reason i have picked it up again, and now it's fucking GOT me, and I am as addicted to this shit as I have ever been addicted to any game, really.

don't try it!! you'll regret it!! I'm warning you!

ralp99 posted on Feb 9 2006 at 02:24 AM said:
recently for no particular reason i have picked it up again, and now it's fucking GOT me, and I am as addicted to this shit as I have ever been addicted to any game, really.

don't try it!! you'll regret it!! I'm warning you!

You reminded me of my friend who bought Animal Crossing DS despite he didn't even like it. After playing the game for a while, he still hates it, but he was complaining to me that he couldn't stop playing it. It's weird at best, but he's even hating himself keep playing the game he doesn't like. :blink:

i've been playing some hardk0r tetris lately which is weird since i never got into the craze in the first place.....

I've been using gnuboy and playing tetris dx. I like that version a lot, but 3d tetris for the virtual boy is quite the amazing game if I dont say so myself :)

Has no one played Tetris Battle Gaiden? Its like classic tetris vs but with special moves and characters. Like Tetris crossed with super puzzle fighters (well more of the first than the latter).

edit: apparently when wasted I cant proof read.

I'm an original GB mono fan myself but for me the best puzzle game series has to be the Puyo Puyo genre. I love Dr Robotnics Mean Bean Machine on Megadrive but the best version has to be Minskies Furballs on the Amiga. OMG I lost weeks of my life to that damn game :)

Nova posted on Feb 6 2006 at 10:21 PM said:
Wetrix...was that on the DC?

Yes it was. It was strange because it seemed to me like a flawed game and I wouldn't really recommend it, but at the same time I was completely addicted to it for quite a while.

One of the many DOS versions. The first tetris game that I've played. Quite nice.

Back