Which Version Of Tetris Do You Like The Most?

C

codeninja

It seems all Tetris games are created equal, but I don't think they are. Which one would you vote the best? My vote goes to the original Gameboy version; the game was tweaked so perfectly, I could go on and on.

Tetris DX on the Gameboy Color. It is pretty much the same as the original Gameboy version but is in colour and saves your high scores.

I'd add another vote for tetris DX, although I'd put the original GB version as a very close 2nd... level 9 high 5 course mind.

I used to play it on my old nokia communicator!

Went side to side instead of up and down. But it was great!

Rico posted on Feb 3 2006 at 11:22 AM said:
lubidog posted on Feb 3 2006 at 10:50 AM said:
side to side
BLASPHEMY

But I loved it like it was my own seed!*

*I am not that fond of my own seed, but I loved this tetris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without a doubt, no comparison, not even close,
the winner goes to Tetris Plus on gameboy. Its pretty much the same tetris with a puzzle mode, and a few other nice additions, but the controls! oh god the controls! What sets this one apart, is that even at extremely high block speeds, the controls remain super responsive. With the original and dx versions, you always end up dying in the end because of a button press that didnt register.

138516.jpg

Its kind of rare, but worth the buy for sure! BTW, there is a Playstation version of tetris plus also, but i have no experience with that one.

Sure you werent just meant to hold the nokia sideways?

Nova posted on Feb 3 2006 at 10:47 AM said:

Sure you werent just meant to hold the nokia sideways?
well that doesn't really matter, I would hold it side ways if it was me tho

diablo2 posted on Feb 3 2006 at 08:00 PM said:
Panic Bomber - Virtual Boy

mmmm... red graphics + nausea = games console masterpiece ;)

edit: the original GB version. although i havent played DX or tetris plus!, but they seemed to get everything right in the gameboy version.

'Tetris Attack' on gb. granted the game really isn't much like Tetris, but that's okay by me.

Especially after I spent a year and a half in rehab from my early 90's addiction to the 'real stuff' on both nes and gb. Every morning I'd wake up in the same alley, on the same blood and urine soaked matress, and look for a trick to suck another $5 out of--just to get me the batteries I needed to feel normal again.
But now I'm better, and have started selling magazine subscriptions door to door.

Parents, remember to teach your kids about the dangers of 'block' before they learn about it on the street.

if youvd have asked me this a few months ago i would have sed the original tetris now im leaning more twards DX coz ive been playing it alot but its a much of a muchness really for big screen gameing you carnt beat tertris attack on the snes my gf owns me every time but its still fund and the theme tune is my ringtone :D

codeninja posted on Feb 3 2006 at 01:42 AM said:
It seems all Tetris games are created equal, but I don't think they are. Which one would you vote the best? My vote goes to the original Gameboy version; the game was tweaked so perfectly, I could go on and on.

Hmm, I like the Atari arcade version and the original NES one.

~telengard

subin posted on Feb 3 2006 at 03:09 PM said:
diablo2 posted on Feb 3 2006 at 08:00 PM said:
Panic Bomber - Virtual Boy

mmmm... red graphics + nausea = games console masterpiece ;)

edit: the original GB version. although i havent played DX or tetris plus!, but they seemed to get everything right in the gameboy version.
it is actually really fun

Back