Which Onestation Would Be Best?

migo

All the OneStations seem to have pros and cons.

The OneStation Elite has the best design, with nothing sticking out (and apparently has better screen quality than the MD Max), but I can't read Chinese well enough to figure out what the games are from the pictures f the back of the 99-in-1 packages, so I don't know what I'm getting (except for a couple based off CABBAGES' videos), and, from what I could tell, the MD 8-in-1 has the best games (Ecco, PoP), but the Elite can't play them.

The MD Max is apparently crap quality wise, and of all the cartriges, the 8-in-1 is the only one that interests me, so I wouldn't be benefitting from the interchangability. And I'd get 2 games, plus maybe 2 more that I'd like (from the Video Ms Pacman isn't bad, and maybe one of the other platformers would be OK).

The OneStation Mini has game packages with the games listed in English, so I can at least get a picture of what I'm getting, but with the cartrige sticking out it doesn't seem feasible to quickly shove into the pocket. Seems like I'd have to shut off, disassemble and put away to not break something.

migo said:
All the OneStations seem to have pros and cons.

The OneStation Elite has the best design, with nothing sticking out (and apparently has better screen quality than the MD Max), but I can't read Chinese well enough to figure out what the games are from the pictures f the back of the 99-in-1 packages, so I don't know what I'm getting (except for a couple based off CABBAGES' videos), and, from what I could tell, the MD 8-in-1 has the best games (Ecco, PoP), but the Elite can't play them.

The MD Max is apparently crap quality wise, and of all the cartriges, the 8-in-1 is the only one that interests me, so I wouldn't be benefitting from the interchangability. And I'd get 2 games, plus maybe 2 more that I'd like (from the Video Ms Pacman isn't bad, and maybe one of the other platformers would be OK).

The OneStation Mini has game packages with the games listed in English, so I can at least get a picture of what I'm getting, but with the cartrige sticking out it doesn't seem feasible to quickly shove into the pocket. Seems like I'd have to shut off, disassemble and put away to not break something.
If I was you i'd wait until a Onestation with a Dvorak keyboard is released ;) :D :lol:

Just kidding, i think this link has details of the 99-1 packages (the site also has links to the other carts too)

http://www.onestation.com.ar/ingles/99in1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, that is useful, but sadly it's for the cartriges for the One Station Mini, which are sold out on Deal Extreme, and the product images include the list of the games, so that doesn't help me out with the instock games that are only shown in Chinese (or I suppose that could be Kanji, I can't really tell the difference).

Edit: Never mind. I compared both the A versions, and the top 2 in chinese end with 2 and 3, which matches Adventure Island 2 and Adventure Island 3, and number 15 matches up with 1942. So that does help after all.

Edit 2: I looked through the list for A - a full 43 of them don't show up on Wikipedia. Some of them are likely doubles, as one review mentioned Mr Mary was SMB, and I would imagine that Adventure Mario is the same.

I just recently got a Onestation elite. The Onestation systems all have basically the same early NES games. Many of the games are repeated on the many carts for the system with only a minimum of different games unique to that cart. The good thing about the elite is that there are games being included from the later part of the NES lifespan. And don't hold your breath in getting the games that you see available on Deal Extreme. I made an order for my Onestation elite and 6 game carts for the system in October and have finally gotten all but one game cart. Still waiting for it. The game cart that comes with the system has a very crappy selection of 10 games, all jungle tech originals. The TV out seems to work better with this model than any of the rest. Maybe they sorted through their problem.

I do like the system, as I like gadgets anyway.

Anyone know if the MD reader attachment will fit a OneStation Elite, or if it's not possible due to the Elite's design?

Milamber777 said:
Anyone know if the MD reader attachment will fit a OneStation Elite, or if it's not possible due to the Elite's design?
The design of the Elite does not allow for it. The Elite is designed only for the carts that are built for it. Totally different pin setup and a much smaller PCB for the carts than the MD reader.

elitecart.png

The Elite cart is on the left and the MD converter is on the right.

My favorite cart for my MD Max is the 4 in 1, which includes Mickey Castle of Illusion, Shinobi III, Bio-Hazard Battle, and Castlevania-Bloodlines. That cart stays in my MD Max. I only have ended up with 6 carts and have not found any more available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back