Which One? And Why?

dingooORwiz

Still Fresh
Hello, guys new here I was wondering which system I should get.
I have 250$ I saved up and I think i will get the Wi z but i hate the god-awful Dual d-pads whatever happened to the redesign where it would be normal buttons.

the selling points of the dingoo is the low cost and quadruple Internal storage.

The selling points of the wiz are the power of the wiz and the capabilities of the system plus PS1 and possible n64 emulation.

The number one worst thing is the double dpad its UGLY

Oh sweet, another Wiz vs Dingoo thread.

I'm not going to get into a comparison (please search, it's been done many times over :) ) but I will clarify some points for you:

- The Wiz's right hand d-pad is not a d-pad any more, it is four separate buttons (although still shaped the same). Most people seem to be happy with it.
- Don't expect playable N64 to happen on either system.
- Internal storage isn't really an issue when there's an SD slot on both devices. Most people here do everything on SD anyway.

dingooORwiz said:
Hello, guys new here I was wondering which system I should get.
I have 250$ I saved up and I think i will get the Wi z but i hate the god-awful Dual d-pads whatever happened to the redesign where it would be normal buttons.

the selling points of the dingoo is the low cost and quadruple Internal storage.

The selling points of the wiz are the power of the wiz and the capabilities of the system plus PS1 and possible n64 emulation.

The number one worst thing is the double dpad its UGLY
The Dingoo may have more internal storage but the SD cards it can use are only 8 GB (unless things changed) Where as the Wiz can use 32 GB cards. So in the end the Wiz has greater storage capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:
cool thanks guys

i just might buy thw wiz and i know about the n64 thing i am just being hopeful

dingooORwiz said:
cool thanks guys

i just might buy thw wiz and i know about the n64 thing i am just being hopeful

I would say to do more research. I just bought a wiz and maybe thinking of returning it for a dingoo. First, the wiz is more powerful but don't expect to ever take advantage of any of that. You will easily be on your next handheld that will handle future applications like N64.They don't like to update anything on the wiz it seems.
If your going to mostly game on it you may be better off with a dingoo because of the superior controls. The controls are OK on the wiz but not so great. I definitely have trouble in some games with the wiz controls.

I have to really re-evaulate my whole decision because I'm looking at the pandora as a possibility. This is the unit you may want, which may be only a few months away.

The reason I'm thinking about the pandora is that the screen is larger, I'm not too happy about the small screen size of the wiz, compunded by the fact that the emulators are not even running on the full screen. I notice that when I play the wiz for a while I get eye strain on those games that have small characters. The pandora is a bit larger, but it will still fit in my pocket and to have that larger screen and what looks like superior controls is a no-brainer. Also the wifi would be awsome when I'm out and need to get on the internet but don't have any computer.

The problem with the pandora is its not out yet and getting delayed, could be months away.

You may just want to get a dingoo because its cheaper then just buy a pandora, thats what I'm consdiering.

To sum this up for you, its not an easy decision. The wiz has that allure, but mostly it will never amount to anything in my opinion. YOu have to look at what your using the system for and what you want. If you want N64 then wait for pandora, if you play old console games then the dingoo may be better because of the controls and what looks to be more optimized emulators. The problem with reading posts and comparing the system with old posts is that the Dingoo seemed to get much better optimized emulators recently, and many posts here are old and are talking about the old emulators.

Best option would be to wait for pandora.

N64 would be nice but i am looking for psx emulation.
and the wix does just that. Get the dingoo to run psx and its my money for dingoo
Plus the wiz does just what i want. and thats all I need also you wanna sell your wiz for 150$?

DRED said:
dingooORwiz said:

Duh. Anyone could've told you that. And the controls on the wiz are just fine, IMO. and then there's that Dpad mod just posted by daveC =P

I like it. Wiz screen beats dingoo hands down.

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
DRED said:

Duh. Anyone could've told you that. And the controls on the wiz are just fine, IMO. and then there's that Dpad mod just posted by daveC =P

I like it. Wiz screen beats dingoo hands down.

Although constant talk of "digital rain" and screen tearing isn't good.

Despite that, the contrast ratio can't be beaten.

(careful when you're editing your quotes btw)

The second batch of the Pandora is months and months away from now. It will surely be worth the wait, but if you want a good gaming device right now then just go with the WIZ. It already has great software on it and in the future there will only be more to come. The system is now a few months on the market and already has lots of classic GP2X stuff available for it. You can't go wrong here.

Nintendo 64 stuff will never see the light of day on the WIZ though. And also not on the Dingoo.

This week I bought a WIZ console myself. I saw what the Dingoo can do, but I did choose the WIZ. In my eyes the hardware and software capabilities of the WIZ are a little better overall. But then again, I'm a GP2X F100 user for over 3 years and have a little extra love for GPH :)

ok i think i will go with the wiz the because it seems to what the dingoo can (and even more)Like decent PSX emulation and such. If i can find a used wiz for around 140-150 i would buy it on impulse

Upon further research on the dingoo in other forums, I see constant posts about the Dingoo LCD screen and the backlighting causing people to get headaches. Read review below. I am probably going to keep my wiz as I have to admit the screen is really nice, the tearing is really a non-issue because it is hardly noticable. And it tears in the same color, its not like a black tear that will stick out on all games. But this head-ache stuff is a turnoff for me as I'm sensitive to stuff like this.

I did kind of knock the wiz a bit but the controls are not the greatest, they do work, however.

I have to return my WIz because mine came with a bad B button, that is spongy.

I have just received a Dingo in the birthday gift. and it was nice.
you should not complain about the gifts i know, but I can not keep me from adding a few thoughts over Dingo design mistakes.
1. the display lighting diodes are located only on the right side, back of the screen.
which makes you get a paralax VISUAL DEFECT. /we have two eys ya know.
(Blind you with one eye, the screen is dark.)
(Blind you with the other eye, instead, the screen light.)
"This gives me a headache when playing for a long time"

the tipp wold be to have them on the top an let them light down
2. Why, why has no one added a volume button on the machine? (it is so simple)
(now i have to hold a dangerous button sutch "power off" to reduce / increase the sound.

3. you can not hold B and Y / X / A at the same time
(this destroys almost every single game available to the emulator)

SAD !!!!
4. R and L buttons are embarrassingly small and hard.
(you have to aim for the buttons mentally and physically to hit them during a tough fight in a fighting/racing game.)

5. SNES/sega and neo/geo emulation that come with the machine is a joke. almost all the best music created in tv games era comes from the SNES period.
Nevertheless, you can not hear the music in the emulator, its laging and sounds awfoul

onwards, it is SAD that you have put on a frame skiping 1-2 to be able to reach the normal speed of the game.
(just to recive a totaly worthless framerate) + "together with the B + Y / X / A Syndrome.
this little kinise baby needs improvements ..

all in all.. im happy with my new toy.

Hello all, I recently took delivery of a new dingoo from dealextrame. Nice gadget, I got linux installed on it in minutes after reading the idiots guide (also using windows vista) and enjoyed build in games and emulators.

But the screen sucks. Is it just my dingoo?

It seems to be a vertical lcd placed on the dingoo horizontally. You know the effect from your monitor; if you look at your monitor from a low angle colors are different from when you look at it from a high angle. Now on my dingoo this same effect makes my left eye see brighter colors then my right eye.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or shuld i order a new dingoo?

Its normal when i play games on my dingoo for way too long i get a headache too.. i guess it has to do with the placement of the led bulbs which i think is on the left of the device. Should have either been on top or at the bottom of the screen.

Vinz

True, the LCD of the Dingoo is a 240x320 display rotated 90°. If you look from the right side, you can see the colours change. Up, down and left are ok. The backlight is normal on mine, no complaints on this and i play a lot!
The emulators are pretty good, only SNES is a bit slow (both native and linux). There are many things released now, i´m very happy with my Dingoo. I don´t think the Wiz is worth the double price, no matter what a great display (with flaws too) it has. That was the main point in purchasing the Dingoo, i considered, where i would get the most for my money.

dingooORwiz said:
i Still think I will get a wiz the ps1 emulation is the KILLER app that i want.

I didn't even know it has ps1 emulation

DRED said:
dingooORwiz said:

I didn't even know it has ps1 emulation

Yeah it's out there. I guess with a lot of optimization and quite a bit of tinkering with the 3D side we may
have close to full speed emulation with sound. I personally belive the Wiz will fall short of full speed emulation,I hope the dev's make me eat my words though hehe ;) .

I've ordered a Wiz due to the better screen and like the design, can't wait to recieve it.

dingooORwiz said:

I don't own a Wiz yet and I don't want to be a bummer but I can't help but think that it may be unrealistic to bet on the PSOne emulator being some sort of "killer app" for the Wiz. Depending on what you read, people say some games may eventually be "playable" but others are dubious that development will continue.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. I find it is a good idea to purchase something for what it can do, not what it possibly, maybe can do. Why not wait and see how/if the PSX emulation forms up?

I myself have ordered the Wiz and while I would love to play Tomb Raider and Gran Turismo on the go, I'm not going to feel bad if it doesn't happen. :)

I have both and I'm pretty disappointed regarding the dingoo..in my opinion these 2 systems aren't comparable.
The Wiz has great software (gngeo,scumm,mame,snes,picodrive etc. and (!!) OLED.
Even if it's just for the OLED-Display..do yourself a favor and get a wiz.

Tunee said:
I have both and I'm pretty disappointed regarding the dingoo..in my opinion these 2 systems aren't comparable.

The Dingoo has all of the software you mentioned, with the exception (AFAIK) of gngeo... A Final Burn Alpha port is on the way though.

fishybawb said:
Tunee said:

The Dingoo has all of the software you mentioned, with the exception (AFAIK) of gngeo... A Final Burn Alpha port is on the way though.

As another owner of both the dingoo and the wiz I have to mention the various stability issues with the a320. Many things have been ported but I wouldn't claim they were ported well by far. The snes emulator last time I checked on the dingux side doesn't even have scaling. Not to mention any time you have an issue you have to use a pin to reset the device. This happens too often , and the device has alot of trouble cleanly unmounting.

I wanted the dingoo to succeed but eve with dingux it feels like its lacking in so many areas that I doubt will be fixed. That said the gba emulation on it is top notch.

if you cant live without ps1 emulation, wait until it is actually working full speed on the wiz and buy one then. it is possible that it will never happen. otherwise, get a pandora - full speed ps1 is guaranteed.

Back