Which Forum Member Will Be First To Drop Thier Pandora?

undefined

Still Fresh
I thought it'd be fun to guess not that I wish that on anyone. I guess not me :D

C'mon kloplop321, its just supposed to be a fun thread.

With my luck, I'll open the box and a cougar will pounce on me, my Pandora will fly out of my hands and out through the living room window onto the street. There it will be run over by a semi despite the fact I'm in a no-truck zone.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Can we close this thread? Its existence is insulting my intelligence.
And that post insults your humour! :D Lighten up!

I'll hopefully NOT drop my pandora, I haven't dropped anything and broken it yet... Plus it looks real sturdy anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
A somewhat off-topic but important to the somewhat clumsy among us question is how much dropping will this thing handle? I'd assume that the LCD is the most fragile part but as I've never dropped my laptop I don't know how much punishment the Pandora's screen could take. Anyone trashed their DS/N8x0 or iPhone and could give some idea of how not to break things?

Normally, it would be me, but I plan to attach the Pandora to my arm through use of strategically-placed quarter-inch lag bolts.

PhillipJ said:
A somewhat off-topic but important to the somewhat clumsy among us question is how much dropping will this thing handle? I'd assume that the LCD is the most fragile part but as I've never dropped my laptop I don't know how much punishment the Pandora's screen could take. Anyone trashed their DS/N8x0 or iPhone and could give some idea of how not to break things?
Chip (or wuzzit Squidge?) mentioned there will not be extensive tests done on the thing, Id Est HALT testing. Just be careful as you can, don't expose it to extreme temperature, and it should withstand your occasional fuckups.

By the by, I've dropped my DS out of a moving vehicle, submerged it in coffee, and spilled Vault on it. It won't fucking die :( .

I plan to bolt some huge Kensington locks on the front and back with a vandal proof cable for a wrist strap.

a mis-spent youth playing footbag has saved many of my smaller gadgets:

cell phone many times
laptops
pdas

I'd imagine the pandora will make it on this list as well. It's amazing how well kicking something on it's way down works to soften the blow!

No fatal drops coming from me!

lucidchaos said:
a mis-spent youth playing footbag has saved many of my smaller gadgets:

cell phone many times
laptops
pdas

I'd imagine the pandora will make it on this list as well. It's amazing how well kicking something on it's way down works to soften the blow!

No fatal drops coming from me!
Same here - I've saved my cellphone countless times. :D

Kloplop321 said:
So that backs up the reason why you made this thread?
This is the second time in my history on these boards that Kloplop321 has proven to me that he has not even a hint of a sense of humor. Or the lack of ability to humor anyone to any degree.

Or to not post at all. So unless you have some breakthrough emulator or application that needs urgent board attention otherwise the Earth will cease to turn, STFU.

:rolleyes:

Back