Which Firmware Is This?

Steve-O

ok, this is the firmware on my BLU, but I dont know whos firmware / what version it is

anyway it does this -

When I boot the GP32 it starts up as the Korean Firmware
If I hold L down when booting, it goes to Dark Faders PC Link
If I hold R down when booting, it goes to GPDrive

I tried holding other buttons (Select etc, but cant get it to do anything else)

wish it worked on my crappy GP32+

as far as i know there is no firmware available for the GP+ without the screen display bug appearing , if there is i cant find it , windups displays correctly if loaded as a seprate program but when loaded as firmware it gets that annoying bar :( .....

Steve

hey I use gpbios w/ yafl, slubman's, and my official BLU all at once..

I quite like it :D

oh and on my MP3/Movies SMC
I use it with GPMadMP3, GPCinema, and slubman's yet again

tekt5 posted on Dec 21 2004 at 09:10 PM said:
hey I use gpbios w/ yafl, slubman's, and my official BLU all at once..

I quite like it :D

oh and on my MP3/Movies SMC
I use it with GPMadMP3, GPCinema, and slubman's yet again
gpbios is the best :D :D, I use it to boot slubmans right now

@Steve: gpbios just autoboots a file you want, so it will probably work on your gp

Last edited by a moderator:
It does work on it (i tryed it) , its just it brings up the huge white bar at the top the same as frodo does and to any programs it runs includeing the ones compatible with the new screen - basicly its useless to me :(

Steve

I'm just curious but what bug are they refering to on the GPBios website?

Warning
If you want to boot with an eu firmware, don't remember that the eu firmware has a pc-link bug.
The kr-en firmware has no bug. The kr-en pc-link firmware works great.

I thought the European firmware was meant to be better?

The normal GPBios comes with the korean firmware built in.
there is also a version with the euro firmware built in, but it's PCLink mode doesn't work right.

I just flashed the firmware on my GP for the first time to GPbios as I like the fact that I can change which firmware it boots to without having to keep flashing the GP.
I've set it up to boot straight to Wind ups now so I'm happy. :D

I'm not planning on doing this any time soon but if I wanted to use GPBios with the European firmware instead is it just a matter of putting the european fw.bin in the gp directory instead of the fw.bin file that came with GPBios zip?

i dont really care what firmware i have at the moment i just want a compatible version , i hate the default firmware

Radio posted on Dec 21 2004 at 11:17 PM said:
I'm not planning on doing this any time soon but if I wanted to use GPBios with the European firmware instead is it just a matter of putting the european fw.bin in the gp directory instead of the fw.bin file that came with GPBios zip?
Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back