Which Firmware Do I Have...?

Batman2

Still Fresh
When my GP2X is booting up it says Firmware 1.2.1, however when I look under Settings - Information it says version 1.4.0.

I have tried to update my firmware with the CRAMFS method, not sure if I have made a dogs dinner of it.

Any positive suggestions or thoughts welcomed.

You have 1.2.1 firmware with 1.4.0 apps. You need to update your firmware again using the gp2xkernel.img. If it doesn't come up with the Firmware Upgrading screen at boot (after black screen but before green screen) then you've got an incompatible SD and need to find another one and try that.

nickspoon posted on Apr 3 2006 at 08:36 PM said:
You have 1.2.1 firmware with 1.4.0 apps. You need to update your firmware again using the gp2xkernel.img. If it doesn't come up with the Firmware Upgrading screen at boot (after black screen but before green screen) then you've got an incompatible SD and need to find another one and try that.

Thanks nickspoon will give it a go.

If it is a memory card problem what card is recommended for updates...?

I currently have a 2gb SD Card running at 150x, it is some Japanese brand I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your SD card is not compatible, try using Flasher. This is an app that updates the Firmware from the menu and it worked perfectly for me. Make sure you read the instructions and use a fresh set of fully charged batteries.

Thanks nickspoon & WhizzBang Just tried The Flasher, did the trick first go, running 1.4.0 now, well happy.

Back