Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will buy GTX 280

• I will buy 9800 GTX or GTX+

• Other/slower/older

• Total voters

Hi all, just like to point out that I chose other.

I would be looking at a card that cost around $100 or less (preferably $70 or less). This puts me in 8800GTS 320mb territory, and I am fine with that.

Why you may ask? Because honestly these are only a little bit slower than all of the new cards, on my small screens.

I am also currently hanging in limbo on gaming because I discovered Dual Polarized Stereoscopic 3D gaming. http://picasaweb.google.com/nubie07/StereoMonitorStand Then nVidia dumped support for the "Planar" method of 3D (a method where each eye sees a complete screen, all to itself, no flickering shutter glasses and no red and blue pictures). The last card with support is a 7900 series card, which I have.

I bought a G80 and a G92 card, and sold both immediately, the support from nVidia is piss-poor these days.

I recommend anyone looking for a card to choose a 4850, they are $175 brand new at newegg and are damn fast. They Crossfire like nobody's business and affordable 1GB versions are available :blink: .

iZ3D will be releasing a driver to play in Planar 3D on any card, it works with the latest games and it is incredible.

Currently nVidia is forcing those who wanted the 3D support to move to Vista and buy a Zalman monitor, that is ridiculous, I am not buying vista and an expensive screen just to play in inferior Stereoscopic.

Get the 4850. nVidia can't touch it and they know it. If you absolutely need to drive a freaking huge screen crossfire a pair of 4850's or 4870's, or get an x2 card. Don't give nvidia your money for these silly GTX260/280 cards. If you must play around with the "PhysX" or CUDA business then spend your money on a card with a useful cost/performance ratio, like a GSO/GT model, not these overpriced GTX stuff. 90% of the performance for 1/2 the price is a no brainer.

Just trust me on the 3D, it isn't all flickering glasses and red and blue any longer, you can use a DLP projector and get full color with a high-speed shutter solution, or passively polarized with 2 projectors.

I don't give a crap how many new shaders your game supports, when its flat it is flat. It needs to be 3D people.

Back