Where's The Cases?

drenyx

The times I've seen it brought up before, the thread seems ignored until it disappears. If the pandora is this close to being finished, are we still expecting to have a case of some sort from OP or should I give up on it?

I had already paid for one since it was an option at the original time of ordering. I don't see it being that hard of an item to produce, but are we waiting until the last minute or was I the only one that wanted one and no demand means no case? I'm not saying that people aren't working on things that need to be worked on and create problems, just looking for a factual answer.

Thanks

Edit: ok, I can see how this was confusing, I AM talking about case for the case, not the thing that's gone through all these revisions.

From my confirmation email:
You bought: 1 x TV Cable & 1 x Battery & 1 x Pandora & 1 x Case (Air)

I don't know what the "air" case means but I haven't seen any pictures or design stuff or heard "we're working on it" etc.

Drenyx said:
The times I've seen it brought up before, the thread seems ignored until it disappears. If the pandora is this close to being finished, are we still expecting to have a case of some sort from OP or should I give up on it?

I had already paid for one since it was an option at the original time of ordering. I don't see it being that hard of an item to produce, but are we waiting until the last minute or was I the only one that wanted one and no demand means no case? I'm not saying that people aren't working on things that need to be worked on and create problems, just looking for a factual answer.

Thanks
make a case yourself ;) The appearance seems simple. But how it must fi the pandora board and more, is really hard from what i have understood.
The new case will hopefully arrive at MWeston this weekend. Then he will judge if the case is good for mass production. that means it must not contain flaws.
If it will be judged OK, the factory will mass produce all cases. Once this happens, the pandora is close to shipping to all customers who bought a pandora. And with close i mean about one month.

Last edited by a moderator:
The next case revision is expected to arrive in Canada soon:

craigix said:
[...]The cases will probably arrive with Michael at the weekend if we are lucky. They should be the final ones.

So it looks like units won't ship to customers in large numbers until (probably) after Christmas.

I'm sure Michael will make up more units, but it's going to be small numbers before Christmas, probably for devs.

When you get your Pandora and see just how perfected it is you will understand the delays.

Hopefully several of you will drop by my house to try one out before then.

Borgqueenx explains it pretty well :)

um... clearly the OP is talking about the hardcase to put a Pandora in. The one that will be just like the GP2X case?

I didn't order one myself, just trying to help a brother out :)

D.C. said:

I get the feeling he's not talking about THE CASE but rather about some sort of custom satchel to put his pandora in after delivery as to protect his investment in what surely will be one of the rarer handhelds on earth at least until a few more batches. Cannot recall for the life of me, I do not remember such an option, seems like I would have clicked it too, must dig my order out.

:lol:
Damn, I was so busy finding the quote, should have read more carefully :rolleyes:

Drenyx said:
The times I've seen it brought up before, the thread seems ignored until it disappears.
If the pandora is this close to being finished, are we still expecting to have a case of some sort from OP or should I give up on it?
I don't see it being that hard of an item to produce, but are we waiting until the last minute or was I the only one that wanted one and no demand means no case?
Thanks

It looks like you where the only one who actually asked a case for the Pandora.

edit: ha it's about the "Pandora Carry Case"...

Don't take this as faith, I'm not an OP rep :)

Cases -- ordered from somewhere in the UK
Power adapters -- ordered from somewhere in the UK
Device case / keymats / tv-out -- all from the same Chinese moulding factory I think, and thus the Go from mweston will trigger them all at once, with the keymats and tv-out already good to go. (Different divisions, so they're all done at the same time.)

I think this is where things stand, but I'm not sure. (And don't attack me for details .. spending 8 hours on follow-up posts is a DDOS-service to me ;)

jeff

I personally don't understand why you'd need a case for a case, and even if you do, you can easily find something suitable for that purpose even if it lacks the Pandora logo. I carry my Zaurus in the pocket of my jacket or bag, and I'm not too concerned with metrosexual design cases to keep my tools in. Then again, I rarely (accidentally) break anything so I feel comfortable with my tech stuff without protective covers.

Well, if you bought a Pandora case, you surely have an interest in knowing what's up with it ;)

Modified Original post. Yes I'm talking about a case to put the completed pandora into. Search links are a bit unnecessary when info about the unit case/shell/whatever is everywhere. These are not the threads that die off and disappear without answer. It's a context thing.

Also see original post. Original ordering over a year ago had a case option. I pasted from my confirmation email where it shows I ordered a case.

LOL at people thinking he meant the housing.

I didn't even know what I bought. Is it a soft case, a hard case, something like the PSP one? What about MP of other things like power cables, TV out etc?

Actually there was some talk about the carry/protective case a few months back, someone well-versed in handmade textile works showcased prototypes or concept art, not sure which as I didn't pay much attention to that. You could always send an e-mail to openpandorasales@gmail.com and ask.

Yeah, I ordered one myself and I always wondered if we would see it at launch or not, and what the quality would be like? Maybe Craig will chime in and give us an official update on the "unit case" and the "protective case"?

Jumpman

Yeah, afaik i also ordered a "case" aka carrying case.

so, ofcourse i want to know what i bought!

weve seen pictures of the tv-out cable, but not the carrying case or the power adapter.

Back