Where Not To Buy A Gp2X Wiz

orthicviper

Still Fresh
www.gp2xstore.com
yeah, i dont recommend buying there. check out their homepage. a wiz for 149.99 and they call it a "special price" and a "limited time offer". it is not a special price, it is the price play-asia and thinkgeek sell it for. and that limited time offer claim has been there for months.

orthicviper said:
www.gp2xstore.com
yeah, i dont recommend buying there. check out their homepage. a wiz for 149.99 and they call it a "special price" and a "limited time offer". it is not a special price, it is the price play-asia and thinkgeek sell it for. and that limited time offer claim has been there for months.
That's where I ordered mine from and the price I paid for it and I couldn't be happier. I'd do it again in a heart beat ;).

That's also where I intend to order my Caanoo from, providing they get them in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
orthicviper said:
www.gp2xstore.com

I've purchased two GP2X's and a Wiz from gp2xstore, and never had any problem with them. They always shipped my order out the same day (if it was in stock), and when my Wiz arrived with a faulty charging cable, they sent me a new Wiz promptly. Quit rabble rousing.

FYI, play-asia don't sell the Wiz any more, it's out of production and their stock ran dry.

I bought my GP2X from GP2Xstore, and some flashcarts in the past. They were pretty good.
They don't sell flashcarts any more.

Edit: My mistake, I never bough my old GP2X from there, I think it was play-asia.
But I did get my Supercard DSLite and some memory there.

morrissey2k7 said:
Quit rabble rousing.

What a brilliant phrase.

I've not much to add, but I'll agree GP2xstore has a stellar reputation here.

So you're judging them because of an outdated website and not on any shipment or payment issues?

Reo said:
So you're judging them because of an outdated website and not on any shipment or payment issues?

i'm not judging them on payment or shipment issues, that is correct. i've never bought from them myself. i didn't buy from them because i feel their advertisement is misleading, and doesn't do anything to help me feel trust in their company. good to see everyone else here has had no problems. when management can't be bothered to update their website, i don't feel it is a company where the operations are running smoothly and orders and returns get processed accurately on time. guess i was wrong.

Well, in all honesty, I'd say that "special offer" of $149.99 is a good price. I know when I bought mine some months ago, it was that special offer and it was cheaper than... er, I believe it was ThinkGeek where it was like $179.99 or something like that.
As far as the "limited time offer" goes, I'd say that's probably true enough as some places are already out of them and it's basically as "while supplies last" kind of thing ;).

I've used em in the past, and the only problem I had was with a preorder on their site. It wasn't a huge deal, but they took my preorder and really didn't know when the item would arrive. I get a refund no problems.

I actually got my Wiz, Treamcast, and some other items from them, and it was always a great experiance. I belive they are located in California, so I would always get my orders next day, pretty awesome service if you ask me.

Chris

I recently ordered my Wiz from gp2xstore.com. Other than the site being a tad on the broken side, everything seems in well enough order.

Having said that, i do have complaints, not from gp2xstore, but from the USPS. I paid the extra $20 or so for next day delivery. gp2x store sent it out friday, on saturday it got misrouted.

They guarentee it'll be here today, but after paying so much extra for shipping it "should" have been in my mits for 2 days already. Otherwise i'd have gotten the free shipping option...

But the site itself seems fine, no real complaints. Though, if I may, they may want the webmaster to run some troubleshooting, just an idea.

TestamentSeven7 said:
I recently ordered my Wiz from gp2xstore.com. Other than the site being a tad on the broken side, everything seems in well enough order.

Having said that, i do have complaints, not from gp2xstore, but from the USPS. I paid the extra $20 or so for next day delivery. gp2x store sent it out friday, on saturday it got misrouted.

They guarentee it'll be here today, but after paying so much extra for shipping it "should" have been in my mits for 2 days already. Otherwise i'd have gotten the free shipping option...

But the site itself seems fine, no real complaints. Though, if I may, they may want the webmaster to run some troubleshooting, just an idea.

Same thing's happened to me with USPS before. They're really bad at the whole delivering thing. They also like to give my neighbors our mail and vice versa. <_<

But anyway, I got my wiz from gp2xstore, and I never had any problems either.

Back