GP32 where is allegro port?

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
iirc i thought that a while ago craigx had made a semi working allegro port...well, where is it? i believe i need it for a top secret project that i am trying to complete while learing c/c++.

no offense but, is it really that hard to put something on a sever and let people know it can be downloaded and used? :(

Well maybe the port has a few problems which makes it unluseable in some areas but i think he dosent like letting unfinished things out he prob hasnt made a beta version of it yet so he wont release it

:ph34r:

maybe he'll give it to me if i keep asking and email him every day and post in every gp32 forum asking for it :D

Note only had a go at simple examples.

The allegro and the gp32sdk seem fairly similar so if you are going to port something its fairly easy to use that. Apart from the opengl side(gives me the willies so didn't go near it with yours) I found no problems(although a larger program may yeald more), Even the conversion in screen sizes was not a major problem. I suspect in retrospect I could have resized everything on the fly. The coding took quite a short time, and I suspect also a wrapper could be written quite easily(I was all set and saw the craigx thing and thought I'll wait...and wait LBreakout was going to be my next attempt but I got lasy converting the graphics).

Using a wrapper and resizing(640x480 is most example source) in software would be best, leaving the original code untainted. If you are resizing I used gimp, and the indexed palletes took a while to get into, there are tutorials for a program called fixpal(and smacker), which I suspect would be quite useful, although the c header files, conversion from bmp are not command driven bah! and not open source(unless someone know's better). My biggest problem was these damn dat files (wallgrab does the job), but that was most of my code changes. Then like magic it just worked!

BTW. waiting for a more serious coding when craigx does release it. :D

BTWA A wish all the code examples were in one place.

Oh using jdit and devkitadv and gp32converter(tinyconverter is french and it seems awfully similar), gimp for graphics(16-bit seemed not to work using g++? and I wanted to start using classes)

Noticed the new SDL code :eek: at sourceforge only thing to release any files there only cant find anything...appropriate

Best of luck hope I haven't wasted your time, just my experiances :) and remember code in never ever perfect!!

GP32 for Open Source yeah!

Back