GP32 Where Can I Find The Gp32 Ide?

Alex.

Retired
A couple of months ago I stumbled upon a website offering a GP32 IDE that, if I remember right, worked with devkitARM. Not wanting to mess with makefiles, I considered it for when I would start experimenting with C on the 32. Now I can't find it anymore, and it's not on gp32x.de either. Any hope?

- Alex

I think I remember what you are talking about, but development stopped a long time ago. Your much better off using Visual Studio (free download from Microsoft) and configuring it for GCC. Your going to have to mess with makefiles with this, but at least you can just take a prewritten one and add/remove your source code files to/from it.

There's a tutorial on configuring VS on the GP2X Wiki, it'll be much the same for the gp32 - just different compiler and makefile.

You might want to try Code:Blocks instead, the latest nightly builds are pretty decent and judging from my experience with DevKitGP2X, is a breeze to setup. No messing about with makefiles (heck, it will even generate one for you).

You might want to try Code:Blocks instead, the latest nightly builds are pretty decent and judging from my experience with DevKitGP2X, is a breeze to setup. No messing about with makefiles (heck, it will even generate one for you).
That's nice, unfortunately I don't have a GP2X but a GP32. I'm very confused as all the C work I previously did was with a toolchain+IDE that did everything for me. :(

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if it wasn't that functional, then I guess I'm better off using a custom combo of editors/sdk's and *shrug* learn makefiles :huh:

Thanks for the help everyone!

- Alex

That's nice, unfortunately I don't have a GP2X but a GP32. I'm very confused as all the C work I previously did was with a toolchain+IDE that did everything for me. :(

- Alex
at least its been informative to me :)

- Alex
Use DevKitArm instead of DevKitGP2X and you should be away. Given that they are from the same tool chain, the setup should be similar if not the same. You might need to download Mirko's libs though, http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=114505

Back