Where can I find screen protectors ?

ldaneels

Hi,

I am looking for screen protectors for the Pandora. Which ones do you recommend ?

Thanks,

Loïc

Welcome! :)

I seem to recall that the Archos 605 WiFi uses the same screen as the Pandora, so I would guess that screen protectors for that would likely be a good fit.

I hope this helps!

I personally have the invisible shield (Archos 605) one and I had no problem on the Pandora.

It's a perfectly good screen protector. Their are a bit pricey though. (maybe you can use a coupon code - I know they have discount from time to time).

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/archos-605--wifi-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Otherwise I think the Skinomi one are quite similar.

http://www.skinomi.com/archos-605-techskin-screen-protector.html

You can probably find some other on ebay. I would definitely recommend to carefully of cheap one that comes in multiples. Usually their are the thin sticky time that are impossible to put properly and just plain poor quality.

I considered Zagging my Pandora, but decided against it after realizing it could ruin the LCD via spraying the adhesive then the squeegeeing and such. Then you might mess it up during the first application, so you almost need a backup or something to test the applications skills on, because it requires a steady hand and a good eye to align properly and then you're literally stuck. There wasn't enough of the adhesive included to finish my Droid X (rant: which I hate, trading it in for a phone that only is a phone and does text, I'm quitting smartphones/rant). Luckily I had a 2nd bottle from another kit to use to finish the X.

The other thing that bothers me about the protectors is removing them. Not very easy and could mess up what's below?

I don't use my touchscreen but understand why folks would want them.

I can highly recommend EXiM screen protectors.

They use a dry, non-adhesive film that you can actually lift & reapply several times (as you may well need to do if you screw up the first application or pick up any dust).

You also get a pack of 2 when you order.

I ordered some for my laptop, and they sent a pair slightly larger than the size I ordered. I queried it and they graciously sent replacements out immediately, without wanting the first pack returned.

So I ended up with 4 in total. And they actually cut down very well (so long as you use a very sharp knife), so I've been using the wrong sized sheets as screen protectors for all sorts of devices.

I took some photos when I did the Pandora, I can post those if you want.

I'm sure you're better off with one factory-cut to your screen size, as a hand-cut one may not seal perfectly along the edges (though you don't notice during operation).

They have them for the Archos 605 Wifi, so I guess that would be the one to pick if Prometheus is right.

One thing to be aware of, is the ones I have make the screen really shiny.

Again, most of the time you won't notice, but on a black screen you might suddenly find yourself looking at your reflection. :)

The "Ultra Protect" version is apparently "high glare reduction", so maybe that's the best choice.

Thank you all for the recommendations...Now, I'm torn between 2 protectors (the one that Link mentioned and the one that Kag mentioned). :(

Should I Zagg it or EXiMify it? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
does everyone else's screen have a screen protector over it that has air in-between it and the actual screen? Kinda hard to explain, but why would you put a screen protector over a screen protector? Do you first have to take the screen apart to take that plastic out and stick the screen protector directly to the screen itself?

I just looked at my DSi and it has the same thing, I guess all devices except Apple's are like this?

does everyone else's screen have a screen protector over it that has air in-between it and the actual screen? Kinda hard to explain, but why would you put a screen protector over a screen protector? Do you first have to take the screen apart to take that plastic out and stick the screen protector directly to the screen itself?

I just looked at my DSi and it has the same thing, I guess all devices except Apple's are like this?
That's not a screen-protector, it's the film that resistive touch-screens use to work. ;)

Well I personally love the EXiMs. I've got one on my phone, my wife's phone, my tablet PC and my Pandora (all hand-cut from my first spare!), and they're all working great.

They're also cheaper ($10 USD for 2).

Or I guess if you're feeling adventurous, you could spend $20, get laptop-sized sheets and cut your own, and have enough for a dozen or more devices :)

InvisibleShield do have an excellent reputation though, and their scratch resistance is probably higher.

However, I'd be loathe to use one of the spray adhesive types on a recessed screen myself.

second.exodus, I think that top layer is actually part of the resistive screen assembly and might be necessary to the touchscreen functionality.

Capacitive screens such as iPhones work differently. (They still consist of several layers, only the top layer is hard plastic or glass.)

I very rarely use the touch screen so I don't think I'll get a protector. The numbs for mousing are more comfortable for me to use than removing a hand to grab a stylus every time I want to do anything. The right nub for mouse clicks I've gotten extremely pissed at a few times but it is still better than using a stylus.

Thank you all for the recommendations...Now, I'm torn between 2 protectors (the one that Link mentioned and the one that Kag mentioned). :(

Should I Zagg it or EXiMify it? :blink:

You can have my Zagg if you want, just PM me your address. I bought it on special but decided not to install it due to reports of reducing the touch screen sensitivity. Anyway, you can have it for free since you're a fellow Aussie Pandoran :)

Back