What's My Position In The Queue - Without Annoying Somebody?

goldcd

Still Fresh
I know I've paid for a pandora. I went through a cancellation, then a re-order blah blah.
Would just like to know when my Pandora is roughly due - but I really don't want to bug somebody to go rummaging through a spreadsheet (or whatever the backend of the ordering system looks like).
Basically I'm being very up-tight and British wanting to know when it'll come, but not actually want to disturb anybody enough to ask.
Any chance of a system where you could just stick in your email and it spits back a date? Add your order number to your forum profile? Basically any way I can get a date without pestering somebody who has something better to do?

jx

Some people have put together a website that will give you a rough estimation based on your order time and date, I'd have to look around for it. It gave me the estimation of around 350-500 in the queue for my order.

So you don't want to ask someone who's being paid to look after customers, but you have no problem polluting the message board with a question that we can't answer, a question that's been asked of us about 1 million times.

The ladies at GBAX are incredibly gracious with all the work they're going through right now but yeah out of politeness it's better not to bother them. Unless you reordered in a relativly short time after you first order it's a safe bet that you've dropped well into the 3000's. The biggest problem is that even if you know what your place in the queue is, that doesnt guarantee any certainty of knowing exactly when it will arrive as evidenced by people claiming to be in the 300-400 range that still havent gotten any word of a shipped package. Any assumption of your place in line could be wrong for any number of reasons. You could think it's going to be sooner than it actually is and end up angrier for the impression that you should have had it by a certain date.

quartercast said:
So you don't want to ask someone who's being paid to look after customers, but you have no problem polluting the message board with a question that we can't answer, a question that's been asked of us about 1 million times.
Well, there's like nearly 4,000 of us, and only a couple of them. It's less likely to delay everybody getting their own unit if the OP doesn't ask them. At this point it's more polite to bother us, since we don't delay the shipping process.

Last edited by a moderator:
hedwards said:
quartercast said:
Well, there's like nearly 4,000 of us, and only a couple of them. It's less likely to delay everybody getting their own unit if the OP doesn't ask them. At this point it's more polite to bother us, since we don't delay the shipping process.

I'd say more like 3100 waiting.

Not all are from GBAX shop either.

What the duck do you mean, polite? <deleted> most of us have already asked for our order numbers, you think a few more enquiries from <deleted> like yourselves are going to delay anything? Jesus.

(edit: stay civil, please)

quartercast said:
What the duck do you mean, polite? <deleted>, most of us have already asked for our order numbers, you think a few more enquiries from <deleted> like yourselves are going to delay anything? Jesus.

(edit: stay civil, please)
A few more? I hazard a guess that most people haven't inquired at this point. And yes it definitely could delay things as those people have better things to do than give a rough estimate of que position. I mean the OPT doesn't exactly have a team of dedicated que estimators. ;)

Ever heard of customer service? I think you're doing them a disservice by assuming they can't handle a few extra enquiries. And no, it's not 3000. Most of us have already asked, or couldn't care enough to ask.

They get hundreds of emails a day already as it is, there's 2 maybe 3 people handling shipping, they're probably cursing the name Pandora in their sleep, so yeah, it might just be a little more helpful to avoid adding to the constant requests they're likely getting over an over, probably even multiple times from people in the 2000-3000's.

Alright. You can live in imaginary problem land. I know my order number, I'm happy i asked and Jacquelyn was happy to answer.

Alpha2 said:
They get hundreds of emails a day already as it is, there's 2 maybe 3 people handling shipping, they're probably cursing the name Pandora in their sleep, so yeah, it might just be a little more helpful to avoid adding to the constant requests they're likely getting over an over, probably even multiple times from people in the 2000-3000's.
Do you know that they are getting hundreds of e-mails a day? Have you e-mailed them and asked? Lol.

If you pre-ordered then you have every right to e-mail and ask, you've paid for it already. I haven't e-mailed but I ordered on the first day so I'm around 1000 or so, I think anyway.

goldcd said:
I know I've paid for a pandora. I went through a cancellation, then a re-order blah blah.
Would just like to know when my Pandora is roughly due - but I really don't want to bug somebody to go rummaging through a spreadsheet (or whatever the backend of the ordering system looks like).
Basically I'm being very up-tight and British wanting to know when it'll come, but not actually want to disturb anybody enough to ask.
Any chance of a system where you could just stick in your email and it spits back a date? Add your order number to your forum profile? Basically any way I can get a date without pestering somebody who has something better to do?

jx
Even with your que number, this wont give you a lead time. If they had any idea at all they would tell you friend, any predictions they, or anyone else give you are purely arbitrary. I hope your wait isn't long.

Order number = Queue number?

I am not fussed on dates as I know for a fact they are waiting for parts still (and I am pretty late for the party) but it would be nice to actually know what my number actually is!

The only email I got was from google checkout with a order number that's about 8000 digits long then on the item description there is 4 digits CCN1 and 4 more digits XXXXCCN1XXXX is my queue number the last 4 digits there?

Rebel said:
Order number = Queue number?

I am not fussed on dates as I know for a fact they are waiting for parts still (and I am pretty late for the party) but it would be nice to actually know what my number actually is!

The only email I got was from google checkout with a order number that's about 8000 digits long then on the item description there is 4 digits CCN1 and 4 more digits XXXXCCN1XXXX is my queue number the last 4 digits there?
No, it isn't. Where you actually are in que is not particularly related to any of the order confirmation numbers. For one thing if you're assuming it's with Craig's shop, that's including orders for other things that he sold during that period. I'd assume that would be the case for ED and the Google checkout as well. On top of which they don't really mesh together particularly well as Craig gets 3 then ED gets 1. And I think the Google checkout number is almost certainly specific to Google checkout. Meaning that the orders I've placed for completely different things are probably factored into it.

It would probably good to know when you re-ordered. But if you ordered late it might take another few month.

The current offical-blog post has some stats about assembly. You can try to extrapolate your date from that.
- Gives you at least a rough estimate

Back