Whats Coming For The Gp2x?

My next fetish project is "Quasist's Test Driving Stunts"
But I do not know if I release it for gp2x

kevcal said:
'tis a game in the "Eugene Jarvis mould"
That's got me interested! If you need any beta testers then feel free to PM me!

Last edited by a moderator:
spoyser said:
kevcal said:
'tis a game in the "Eugene Jarvis mould"
That's got me interested! If you need any beta testers then feel free to PM me!
Thanks for the offer - I may take you up on it (of course then again I may just say 'sod it' and release a public beta for ridicule :) else it'll never be released).
I'm trying to make the game as manic as possible - you know 'nice slow build up to practically impossible' :D
Don't suppose you have an f200 that you could run a test for me... I'm, just wondering about allegro's sound frequencies not working on the new version (I believe that mame had an issue and all my samples are 22050 kHz so dunno if things will be screwed or not - if so I have to modify the library again). :unsure:
Also I keep tweaking my graphics - my skillz are lacking as you can see from my avatar (STe Bombaman)!

EDIT: BTW "happy birthday to me... etc etc"

I think we will see a lot of nice games before the end of this year.

Looking forward to see this one for the F200:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQEKk0DvoRw

Gruntfuggly said:
I'm looking forwards to the next version of SqDef...

I hope to do quite a bit of GP2X work this December: Sqdef 1.2, updates to Downfall and Squaresliding, an addictive pseudo-3D arcade game with level editor, and maybe something(s) for the GP32 as well :)

Are there any plans to add touchscreen support to the computer emus for keyboard and mouse control? I know it seems pretty bleak as all of the emu coders have abandoned the GP2X in favor of cheap MP4 players but maybe there is something planned that we don't know of?

DaveC said:
Are there any plans to add touchscreen support to the computer emus for keyboard and mouse control? I know it seems pretty bleak as all of the emu coders have abandoned the GP2X in favor of cheap MP4 players but maybe there is something planned that we don't know of?
Can I have fries with my main order of pessimism please :D.

Yes, there are obvious candidates for touchscreen support (Amiga ST, SCUMM) as they had mouse based interfaces, but even the oldies (Speccy C64 Amstrad etc) would benefit from a touchscreen popup keyboard, especially to finally make some text based adventures playable...

It would be nice to see it added to some of the emus we may have considered closed by now...

®

still soldering on with Fishguts (still need a better working title!). Doing the combat engine right now, the last _big_ game piece, the rest is rough edges and story dialogue!

this is what you can expect from me very soon :)
The music you are hearing will change though, cause it's the music from znax which i included to test out all the music stuff, donskeeto will do a new music yet again :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCfWurQX5F4

it doesn't have touch screen support though i could add that in but i do not have a F200 (yet).

joyrider said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCfWurQX5F4

Looking forward to this one, joyrider's games are always good.. didn't know you'd come along so far on it.

I recently got fed up with all the crashes of our Ur Quan Masters port. Even the latest 0.5.0 from foehammer is unstable and slow.

Well, I am going to change that.. I already have the latest SVN compiled and running on the GP2X. I think it was crashing so much because of memory issues. The port was not a very involved one and there's a lot that can be done to fix this. I'm making it a goal to have UQM properly ported by New Years.

Senor Quack said:
I'm making it a goal to have UQM properly ported by New Years.
Thank you! The last time I tried UQM it corrupted my SD card :eek: (well, just a folder on it)

Alex. said:
Senor Quack said:
I'm making it a goal to have UQM properly ported by New Years.
Thank you! The last time I tried UQM it corrupted my SD card :eek: (well, just a folder on it)

I remember reading that :D I actually now have the latest UQM SVN version up and running with proper controls , and after testing for an hour haven't had any crashes, so it's looking good. My version seems to have a better memory footprint, but navigating the planet lander is still a tiny bit choppy. I'm going to look into speeding that up. You should be able to look for a release in the next few days if I don't get any crashes. I should set more challenging goals, I guess.

I would have used the official 0.6.2 port, but by their own admission, they eff'ed up that release's source and it won't compile at all. I've moved on to the latest SVN snapshot as a result.. Unfortunately, the bug with subtitles not moving along with the 3DO speech file still exists, I think it might be a problem on the standard version as well. I'll look into that, too.

Lots of nice stuff coming up :)

I was just wondering what Ruckage is up to... not heard anything from him for a long time.
Hmm and also Gnostic, Notaz, KaosOverride

Back