What Would You Like To See On A Menu Replacement

lucoxade posted on Feb 13 2006 at 01:28 PM said:
I'm sure there is a topic like this already, but customisable icons and hidden files/folders is must. gotta be tidy tidy TIDY TDIY TIDY.... tidy

I haven't got my GP2X yet, but I know that by default under Linux, if you put a period as the first character of a file/directory name, it's hidden. Is that disabled in the GP2X file browser?

Last edited by a moderator:
Command line mp3 player built into firmware, rather than messing with madplay for 5+hours to get mp3's playing in background during game/emulator/application.

nickspoon posted on Feb 14 2006 at 06:20 AM said:
No its not.

Ive got .gnuboy and .scummvm folders that i have to skip over. In the game menu. Its so annoying.

PSyMastR posted on Feb 14 2006 at 10:13 AM said:
nickspoon posted on Feb 14 2006 at 06:20 AM said:
No its not.

Ive got .gnuboy and .scummvm folders that i have to skip over. In the game menu. Its so annoying.
He asked if it was disabled.

defn shortcuts.

hold L or R and the screen changes to show instant launch gpe's, videos, mp3s or roms for the control pad and the buttons.

just think L + B straight to Earthbound, R + up straight to an mp3 playlist.

oh, and i'd trade my grandmother to get a nice quick, stable hibernate. Really.

What I would like in a new menu is:

Ability to make shortcuts to run any game or emulator stored on an SD card. All shortcuts to be stored on the SD card and either a shortcut per program (like in Windows) or an editable text file to add program path and its icon.

Ability to take the above shortcuts and display them on configurable screens (so you could for example have a menu for homebrew games, one for emulators, one for movies, etc.

Option to select which disables/enables the NAND / SD option from menus - 99% of the time, if not more, you want to access the SD and not the NAND!

Inbuilt option to adjust the LCD tweaking and the CPU speed for overclocking whenever required (and safety trigger to revert the GP2x back to 200Mhz if the user gets too crazy with overclocking).

Option to choose background whenever required - for example, a menu for emulators, which uses a different background picture for the SNES, NES, NeoGeo, etc, etc; showing the ROMS/options.

Option on the menu to revert the skining process back the the default menu, as I believe the GP2x can be tempremental for firmware updates if you use a customised skin?

How about automation - showing all programs (emulation or homebrew) together on a screen, another screen if it sees films, etc - saves using the Explorer.

bacteria posted on Feb 14 2006 at 11:02 AM said:
Option on the menu to revert the skining process back the the default menu, as I believe the GP2x can be tempremental for firmware updates if you use a customised skin?
It never gave me any problems. Hm...

Back