What Version Of Duke Nukem Have I Got?

danny_galaga

Still Fresh
Website
oldman2x.com
probably an obvious question. i have a duke nukem 3d cd. how can i tell what version it is? there doesnt seem to be anything written on the case or the cd. exploring the cd doesnt bring up anything obvious. i dont really want to install it on my pc just to find out what version it is! all i can say is that it says copyright 1999 on it...

ok, heres my story in a nutshell. grew up poor, used apple IIes in highschool. didnt touch another computer until about 1999 when i built a pc. by that time anything you install on a pc has wizards n shit ;) . why am i telling you this?

i cant figure out how to get dukenukem going on my pc! first game i ever installed was age of empires- easy.im running xp and i suspect i need to have this game in dos? i picked up this game from a friend when i showed him my new toy so ive never actually played this game or installed it... i can open this file:

DN3DHELP.EXE which sounds handy but it assumes the user isnt as ignorant as i am! if i click setup.exe it flashes a command prompt thingo for a second...

my friend also gave me a quake cd, so ill give that a go while i wait for the lambasting ;)

ok, heres my story in a nutshell. grew up poor, used apple IIes in highschool. didnt touch another computer until about 1999 when i built a pc. by that time anything you install on a pc has wizards n shit ;) . why am i telling you this?

i cant figure out how to get dukenukem going on my pc! first game i ever installed was age of empires- easy.im running xp and i suspect i need to have this game in dos? i picked up this game from a friend when i showed him my new toy so ive never actually played this game or installed it... i can open this file:

DN3DHELP.EXE which sounds handy but it assumes the user isnt as ignorant as i am! if i click setup.exe it flashes a command prompt thingo for a second...

my friend also gave me a quake cd, so ill give that a go while i wait for the lambasting ;)
you should install it in dosbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, heres my story in a nutshell. grew up poor, used apple IIes in highschool. didnt touch another computer until about 1999 when i built a pc.....

:( *sniff**sniff*that...was so...touching....

www.google.com and download eduke that should work like a charm installing duke nukem 3D

ha! got it to work. i still dont know what version i have as i found it rather scary using dosbox (mounting to c is not supposed to be good)

i found that if i used a different config file as per this thread:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...2&hl=duke3d

it all came good. that and remembering to press the stick to select (",)

Back