What have you bought recently?

I've already put rubber rings under mine. It does deaden the sound slightly, but it still doesn't make it quieter than a decent old membrane keyboard. The positive feedback is better than a membrane keyboard, where if you hit the key on the side and it goes down a little, you never know without looking at the screen whether it's registered or not; that's not a problem you ever have with cherry switches. But I purchased this brown keyboard so I could use it quietly, and that's never going to happen.

I ordered HMT NASS automatic wrist watch. It is an old style mechanical watch. (not received yet)

HMT watches use old citizen/miyota movement. It is definitely mechanical, and can be hand winded using crown.
I am not sure how old is old for you though but there is no doubt in it being mechanical.

Received before 2 days.

As per my observation comparing with my android phone, it adds 5 seconds per day, good for mechanical. It is using miyota 8205 movement with power reserve of 42 hours and unidirectional hand winding capability.

HMT watches are made by skilled workers, there are no robots in HMT factories.
Luminance at night is very faint, can only be seen with eyes adjusted to dark.

IMG_20200905_145621.jpg

PS Vita.

With a daedulus direct port getting updates and better each time, (and the pyra who knows when...because the parts have been on hand for months) I am hopeful of full n64 emulation at some point.

Additionally Killzone Mercenary looks awesome and has bots.

So why not.

Might build a vita dock with an old pi at some point too.

A Technisat DAB+Radio Alarm Clock since i was too late out on thursday (fortunly fast enough for shop opening but i wanted to prepare some stock which ditnt work out in time)
Its a cool little device which works good, im now receive some Rock Radio Broadcast and the sound is way better than over UKW (Ultra Short Wave)

And a new Keychain Light: the Olight i1R2 whit 150 lumens max,
Bright enough as a tiny EDC Light, but not meant for heavy work use, therefor i have a Fenix PD36R whit 1600 Lumens max ^^

No I don’t wait, why should I??
Also, as these are just Roms on a official Emulator, technically there are allready out since some years...

So as Long my Switch Lite doesn’t resume to run theme, as it’s to early, I think I will save my Skürüm Game and put this Cardridge in ..

Send from something, i guess ^^

Well, I ordered a Pinephone Community Edition (Manjaro), although it will be a 2 month (tm) wait until it, hopefully, arrives. I like Manjaro, and the branding twisted my arm...

So, hopefully I have increased my chances of getting at least one more cool Linux gadget before the year is over.

Hmm... I may have picked a bad time to have placed an order:

They should never be using Wordpress to begin with IMHO

I used to work with off-the-shelf CMS (Wordpress included), and it was indeed usually (shockingly) shoddily coded third-party plugins that caused issues. However, most vulnerabilities are widely documented and (Wordpress) sites are specifically targetted and shotgunned (often by bots) for these. Unfortunately too many companies lack the resources (or don't want to pay for) adequate maintenance or clean-up.

Reactions: rSl
I have become victim of mismanagement and carelessness of pine64. I ordered pinebook pro which was shipped on 9th Sept and returned back by DHL on 14th. Later in reply to my ticket, they said it was issue with shipping label printing and PBP was reshipped yesterday but as per tracking no. it is destined to Spain instead of India.
Post automatically merged:

Now they ask me to contact sales team, before that my ticket was juggled between support team and logistic team.

Last edited:
@docbroke : seems like a normal thing with these kind of projects, and most of the time is difficult to understand if they are taking time on purpose, or shipping is just a hell.

Been building myself a motorized chopper bicycle, about time I have some form of vehicle...

Waiting on headset bearing and gotta modify some pieces to fit properly, but proud of my paint job and excited to finish it up when the remaining pieces arrive.

20200922_190416.jpg

IMG_20200916_214828_063.jpg

Back