What have you bought recently?

Just bought the last two dragon cards I was missing to finish my magic the gathering collection.

I now have one of every dragon card ever printed. (Except for a special one of that's not for sale)

Just bought the last two dragon cards I was missing to finish my magic the gathering collection.

I now have one of every dragon card ever printed. (Except for a special one of that's not for sale)
That is awesome! Well done.
Must be a nice feeling.

So are you satisfied with your dragon collection or are you going to try complete another set?

I personally nab any sliver card I can find... but my collection is still pretty small. I do have 2 sliver hivelords. .. 1 of which is a foil and a sliver Legion.
Would love to get a queen and an overlord...

That is awesome! Well done.
Must be a nice feeling.

So are you satisfied with your dragon collection or are you going to try complete another set?

I personally nab any sliver card I can find... but my collection is still pretty small. I do have 2 sliver hivelords. .. 1 of which is a foil and a sliver Legion.
Would love to get a queen and an overlord...
I have a friend that liked slivers. We play together and he usually kicks my ass with it.

I just like dragons, and yea, I'm pretty satisfied with just those. I started collecting for a commander deck I was making where you can play a 100 card deck with cards from any set ever, but only 1 of any specific card. I got all the cards for the deck, but couldn't settle on the color combinations and kept rebuilding it and getting more dragons to match the colors I wanted.

At one point I got curious as to how many dragons there actually were in the game, cause I figured I might be getting close to having them all, it ended up being about 150 or so at the time and I think I had about 70. So I just started collecting the ones I was missing. After I got 1 of each, I then went around and hunted down all the alternate art versions of the cards I already owned. Some are foil, some are not, that might be the next upgrade to the collection.

I'm now up to 193, If for whatever reason you're curious, or just want to check out all the cool dragons, I used a deck tracker website to keep track of all of the ones I got and needed. If you got about $600 to blow the site also creates a buy list for some trader websites.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/my-dragon-collection/

Last edited:
I have a friend that liked slivers. We play together and he usually kicks my ass with it.

I just like dragons, and yea, I'm pretty satisfied with just those. I started collecting for a commander deck I was making where you can play a 100 card deck with cards from any set ever, but only 1 of any specific card. I got all the cards for the deck, but couldn't settle on the color combinations and kept rebuilding it and getting more dragons to match the colors I wanted.

At one point I got curious as to how many dragons there actually were in the game, cause I figured I might be getting close to having them all, it ended up being about 150 or so at the time and I think I had about 70. So I just started collecting the ones I was missing. After I got 1 of each, I then went around and hunted down all the alternate art versions of the cards I already owned. Some are foil, some are not, that might be the next upgrade to the collection.

I'm now up to 193, If for whatever reason you're curious, or just want to check out all the cool dragons, I used a deck tracker website to keep track of all of the ones I got and needed. If you got about $600 to blow the site also creates a buy list for some trader websites.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/my-dragon-collection/
Man... you've just scratched my itch...
I've managed to avoid spending any money on magic cards this year... because when I added up what I spent last year... I realised I could have bought a Pyra instead.
I don't really regret it though...

*sigh*
Must resist...

I also am keen on collecting primarily for commander. ..

Ultimately I would like to have:
Every Sliver card
Every Faerie card
Every Eldrazi card

And of course any supportive cards... so quite a lot!

I had promised myself to put my collecting on hold for a while... Pyra and all that.

I just like dragons

Ultimately I would like to have:
Every Sliver card
Every Faerie card
Every Eldrazi card

I have a friend who is a Level II judge, he just happens to have an odd fascination with collecting Ornithopters just the regular common card, the same one printed in almost every set... he must have several thousand of them now.

IMG_20160719_180355.jpg

I swear, this forum is compelling me to buy more shit rather than save for a Pyra.

Then again, I finally found this record for under $15, finally. The only reason I was looking for it was because of that Wii-shop remix of RTJ on the Music Thread, plus I saw the prices online drop drastically (don't like ordering online because USPS wants to stretch my mailbox) specifically for this LP.

Run yo Goddamn Jewels!!!!

I also am keen on collecting primarily for commander. ..
I don't remember if I have ever completed any of those games, so I should probably go play then again. Last time I tried one around 6 months ago I really sucked, much worse than when I was a kid. (In case anyone missed it, I meant Commander Keen.)

I recently made a purchase and a related purchase was made as a gift for me. I am a bit ashamed, as the money could have been spent on other things. They are cards (not MtG) and are primarily for reference, but it makes me happy to look through them.

Some hammered dulcimer mallets from Thomann but they were utter crap,
so I designed and made better ones myself and they handle and sound excellent (but are way darker than they look due to the camera flash here):

DSCF2255_small.jpg

Last edited:
aab8bd3b175e8a9724821f88352bdb38.jpg

An Irish anodised aluminium flute in the key of G.

Inexpensive and hardy - I can throw it in a shoulder bag, take it anywhere and not worry about it getting damaged.
Perfect for my lifestyle.

I've only had it a few weeks and already had flautists come up to me asking where they can get one. It has a lovely sound.

It has become my constant companion... I steal a few minutes on it wherever... be it a grocery store (while I shop), waiting in a queue, or when I need a break from ribbon dancing when I trade.

I'm teaching myself, so am still practicing getting the notes right... and really am only improvising on scales... but have already received lots of compliments (people must have low standards)...
I intend to learn how to read sheet music, but presently find it very unintuitive.... so have decided to learn to play by ear (and then read what I'm playing so the script translates in my mind).

If any of you have access to flute solo pieces of a Celtic or folk nature I would be very interested. .. especially if played in the key of G, but doesn't have to be.

aab8bd3b175e8a9724821f88352bdb38.jpg

An Irish anodised aluminium flute in the key of G.

Inexpensive and hardy - I can throw it in a shoulder bag, take it anywhere and not worry about it getting damaged.
Perfect for my lifestyle.

I've only had it a few weeks and already had flautists come up to me asking where they can get one. It has a lovely sound.

It has become my constant companion... I steal a few minutes on it wherever... be it a grocery store (while I shop), waiting in a queue, or when I need a break from ribbon dancing when I trade.

I'm teaching myself, so am still practicing getting the notes right... and really am only improvising on scales... but have already received lots of compliments (people must have low standards)...
I intend to learn how to read sheet music, but presently find it very unintuitive.... so have decided to learn to play by ear (and then read what I'm playing so the script translates in my mind).

If any of you have access to flute solo pieces of a Celtic or folk nature I would be very interested. .. especially if played in the key of G, but doesn't have to be.

Splendid!

You can find enough Irish tunes for a lifetime here and can directly listen to them:
https://thesession.org/tunes
If you need something transposed, it's more or less just a click with easyABC and you can listen to the tunes with it too.
To get from D (standard key for Irish stuff) to G, you'll have to select either 5 semitones up or 7 semitones down, depending on which one you deem easier to read.

When it comes to non-Irish tunes which are mostly arranged for G instruments, this list comes in handy:
http://archive.folx.org/node/3852

ABC is the most OpenSource way of notation one can imagine, I can code it directly in a notepad by now, it's easy to manipulate and extremely small.

Regarding reading notes:
It's indeed not a very intuitive system so I started just looking at the point with my deepest note in the instrument and counted upwards from there, others came naturally later and the whole key thing isn't as important until you start changing modes more often. After a while you remember which position contains which note and how it's affected by the prefixes.
Once you got it, it's extremely useful for learning new tunes in a short time especcially if you've heard them once already.

Last edited:
Splendid!

You can find enough Irish tunes for a lifetime here and can directly listen to them:
https://thesession.org/tunes
If you need something transposed, it's more or less just a click with easyABC and you can listen to the tunes with it too.
To get from D (standard key for Irish stuff) to G, you'll have to select either 5 semitones up or 7 semitones down, depending on which one you deem easier to read.

When it comes to non-Irish tunes which are mostly arranged for G instruments, this list comes in handy:
http://archive.folx.org/node/3852

ABC is the most OpenSource way of notation one can imagine, I can code it directly in a notepad by now, it's easy to manipulate and extremely small.

Regarding reading notes:
It's indeed not a very intuitive system so I started just looking at the point with my deepest note in the instrument and counted upwards from there, others came naturally later and the whole key thing isn't as important until you start changing modes more often. After a while you remember which position contains which note and how it's affected by the prefixes.
Once you got it, it's extremely useful for learning new tunes in a short time especcially if you've heard it once already.

This is great!
Thank you. ... And thank you for bringing ABC (and EasyABC - reading and downloading now) to my attention... I'm thrilled. Exactly what I was hoping to discover. :D
EasyABC: http://www.nilsliberg.se/ksp/easyabc/

Edit: Wow. That first site you linked combined with the EasyABC program is just PERFECT!!!!! what a wonderful resource! This is a little moment of heaven I'm experiencing right now.

Last edited:
This is great!
Thank you. ... And thank you for bringing ABC (and EasyABC - reading and downloading now) to my attention... I'm thrilled. Exactly what I was hoping to discover. :D
EasyABC: http://www.nilsliberg.se/ksp/easyabc/
No problem. It needs to be a day 1 port to the Pyra imho, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be in the Debian repos (at least not in the one Mint uses).
Has it been ported to the Pandora yet?

Edit: Doesn't seem to be the case, so I posted it here:
https://www.pyra-handheld.com/board...-no-source-no-port.73589/page-80#post-1387697

Edit: Wow. That first site you linked combined with the EasyABC program is just PERFECT!!!!! what a wonderful resource! This is a little moment of heaven I'm experiencing right now.
OpenSource has been a thing in the folk music scenes all over the world for ages already since it's exactly in the spirit of traditional music. Isn't this great? :)

BTW: The Linux port of VLC natively plays .abc files as well, it just makes some mistakes with exotic keys like bB-Major or lydian modes (which I personally love).

Last edited:
The coolest 32 Bit Handheld ever,
A used Nintendo GBA SP (sadly only whit frontlight, but still nice Screen) in Classic NES Design,
And some Games
- Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (my favoret Nintendo Hero, and a realy cool game)
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 (the only 2D Beat em Up i have on GBA, as Tekken Advance is 3D)
- Gradius Advance (because i enjoied playing Gradius/Nemmesis on my good old Gameboy
- Alien Humonid (pretty funny Jump and Shoot which is shure worth a look)
- Metal Slugg Advance, (its cool but unfortuny my Cardridge seems to have a empty save batterie, but i could still play the rom on my Pandora..

- and 3 Games im awaiting to come to my place in the next days, hopefully tomorow..
- Dr. Mario & Puzzle dingsbums
- Mario Kart
- Mario Tennis
Because they werent that interesting, in the old games i got my GBA
- and the Gameboy Everdrive (its plays all my favored gameboy and gameboy collor games, including tetris, and i only need one Cardridge..

I have too say, i have allready a Gameboy Adva ce Micro and a used GBA SP, but first ditnt playd GB Cardridge and second wasnt that pretty anymore so i decided to buy a new used one, and its quite in good conditions..
So i have a lot of games

That should be enought of text, now to the pix

0e9a5c7827d073bb74d844c6d84b0c3d.jpg

00e3a63375d59269e3ee534eb99e2a89.jpg

The coolest 32 Bit Handheld ever,
A used Nintendo GBA SP (sadly only whit frontlight, but still nice Screen) in Classic NES Design
Maybe not the coolest, but it is near the top of the list for me too. Since going back to earlier GBs, this is the only SP I would still want, as the original GBA fits my hands better (I wouldn't torture my hands and eyes with a micro). The brick and GB pocket are my favorites, for some reason, but there are some really great GBA games.

- and the Gameboy Everdrive (its plays all my favored gameboy and gameboy collor games, including tetris, and i only need one Cardridge..
I really need to get one of those eventually for when I want to play games when I am out of the house, as I could just take one cartridge. Of course I could probably just use my Pandora, and Pyra at some point in the future.

Castile soap is amazing. It's just better in liquid form than solid. Too bad my local grocer only stocks bars...

Also, just got $150 worth in Dragonbox vouchers. It's time.

Back