What have you bought recently?

Discussion in 'Offtopic Discussions' started by Cerbera, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Bosbeetle

Bosbeetle Terminally lost

Already have one if I'm correct a gtx9xx so a bit older one, it will be the first thing that gets updated, as well as the monitor, for now this was my budget. Been using an i7-940 without problems so this will also do :D

2. spud42

spud42 Very Active Member

lol. yes it should..
    im still rocking a 3770k and a GTX970.

3. Bosbeetle

Bosbeetle Terminally lost

hmm actually it is a GTX660 :p

well I'll update that one when Im grown-up ;) for now I can do super fast browsing ;) ;) ;)

Djoga'Ro likes this.
  4. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

I just upgraded from the GTX 970, luckily my brother seems to have a 4k/VR fetish and seems to buy a lot of new Video cards and I tend to get the left overs.

spud42 and Djoga'Ro like this.
  5. spud42

spud42 Very Active Member

well most of my PC was sourced from OCAU buy/sell forum. thats OverClockers AUstralia...
    everything was second hand. i sold my 2 GTX 680's and bought the GTX970 for $125 AUD.. made a profit on that ..lol
    got a secondhand mechanical keyboard too.. ti think the only thing thats new in the entire system is the mouse! my razer mouse finally died after many years of good service and i replaced it with a steel series Rival 300 black.
    oh the thermal paste was new too....ha ha ha

6. matzesu

matzesu Hardcore Member

Apple Watch 4 Inox Cellular GPS 40 mm and Sportloop in Lightblue,
    This is my Second Apple Watch after the a bit cheaper Series 2 in Aluminum and only GPS..

The Wristband looks cool, and this Screen is also pretty good, you see lot more ..
    IIm. currently waiting for my second Sim Card so i can put it as E-Sim in the Watch,
    II want this for my Running because whit it’s Cellular Feature I don’t need the IPhone for Music and Calls..
    [​IMG]

7. kuru

kuru Laptop und Trachtenjanker

We've been using these DeskMini enclosures at work, so far those only came with intel motherboards. We used pentiums. Recently I destroyed one of those cute little boxes. They come with their own SATA connectors. Those are flat and the pins are exposed. While changing SSDs I failed to secure an unpluged SATA cable, which came to rest askew on the board's connector. Power on - poof, magic smoke.
    I used the occasion to upgrade my work PC from pentium/4Gb to Ryzen 2400G/8Gb. Much better and usable when running a VM.
    While the DeskMinis come with their own small CPU cooler, you can squeeze in the AMD boxed one after removing the top shroud and working the side bit with a cutter or rotary tool.
    20190628_123514.jpg
    At home I upgraded from a passive 1050ti to an rx 570 I found on ebay. Finally able to play Mankind Divided in proper 1080. The card has a "zero fan mode" so it's also inaudible while browsing.
    20190628_123446.jpg
    And 60FPS are enough now that I'm using this for games and movies
    20190721_134917.jpg
    1080p 3LCD. Picture quality is great even on the wallpaper. The smallest image I can get is plenty large already. And it's nice to have a picture that lines up with the wide audio coming from speakers set up in the room's corners.

Also got an old folding bycicle that I carry in my trunk for the occasional ride.

Been trying to sell my motorcycle, but it's hard during the riding season. Planning to trade that four-in-line in for something a little more comfy with a v2. Guess I'm getting old, eh

In the ongoing quest of kitting out my small cellar workshop I ordered an entry level arc welder
    71AhYGqr06L._SL1200_.jpg
    Should arrive next week. Really looking forward to getting my feet wet welding. I need an angle grinder next. And a helmet, protective gloves and electrodes.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    comradekingu and levi like this.
  8. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Yeah, I'd get the helmet and gauntlet bought before you even get the leads for that thing.

9. ible

ible professional vim user

we got a puppy
    IMG_20190721_213344.jpg
    that's the best so far of her face because she always wants to get closer if she's pointing in your direction...

FBnil, Djoga'Ro, kuru and 2 others like this.
  10. kuru

Fished a cast iron wok out of the the scrap container at the recycling yard
    HxzCyUo.jpg

11. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

Looks perfectly fine...

12. kuru

Indeed it is, as we say in Bavaria, "pfenningguat".

While frying small portion by portion and putting those up along the wall to rest, the oil can trickle down from the material back into the center.
    And while my ancient oven's lowest setting makes any size pot boil over, this doesn't happen with the wok.
    This is a great cooking implement.

13. Cerbera

Cerbera Ecnes

A small packet of tortilla wraps (bottle is 500ml).[​IMG]