What Happened To Advance Wars

CU_AMiGA

Website
Visit site
A few of weeks ago, on the news section it mention that a version of GBA game Advance Wars was going to released for the GP32 within the coming weeks? Well a few weeks later, and still nothing. Have i missed something? :)

Like most things in Life...if you tripple the time someone gives you then Double it...you'll be alot closer to the real release date....FACT!

thats a bit unfair,

most projects are only worked on by a very small team, many by a single person who's job it is to code it, rip the graphics - and this is all in their freetime.

wait and see i suppose

ask about it after the comp, he might be working to finish the whole thing by the comp so he might win sumtin
although, i would like to see a wip...

~Octavious

AquaFish is still working on it. He is making some good progress. I do think he does intends to enter it into the competition, but we will have to hear from him to be sure about that.

I have helped in ripping some of the graphics for him so he can concentrate more on the coding side (AI, etc).

But I know he hasn't stopped working on it.

~DarkWolfNine

@aquafish,

Thats great news. Is it going to be like the GBA vesion, with different levels. It has always been a game i wanted to try out, but never got round to cos i had no GBA. I remember a friend of mine was playing it a coupke of years ago, and it looked pretty sweat! :) I need something to take my mind off things, as my Amiga is gonna be out of action for a while now. :( :angry:

Well i am normally not into this sort of game but after seeing the reviews i had to try the first one out. After playing for what i thought was 30 minutes or so i was hooked and a few hours later i had to save it and turn off as my batteries were about to die.

The game is one of the GBAs best games and i am so glad its coming to GP32.

Is the GP32 version based on Advance Wars 1 or 2?

Will it have the same levels, modes and so on or will they be new ones?

This is one of my most wanted GP32 games along with Metal Slug and Bloody Cross.

I spent an hour playing Superfamicom Wars when I got it on OS9x, it plays almost the same (although, you cant see you movement squares due to the transparenc issues). But there are no C.O. Powers.

Might be worth playing while you wait, or you could play Military madness on GPengine as well!

aquafish_ posted on Mar 16 2004 at 04:21 PM said:
don't worry, i'll release a first version at the end of the week...
honestly, dont get pressured into rushing we can all wait....
did i mention you are a great man

Last edited by a moderator:
don't worry, i'll release a first version at the end of the week...

Yes, please don't rush it for my sake. I just wanted to know if it was still being worked on still or not, as i hadn't heard anything. Please take you time. :)

I will try Famicon Wars, thanks for letting me know. As for Military Madness, i couldn't get that bugger working on GPEngine, nor Chase HQ, although that has nothing to do with this thread.

man. advance wars is worth picking up a GBA for, that's my two cents right there. most fun i have had with a game in years. good luck with the remake!

(do a herzog zwei remake next!! how much fun would that be, if anyone knows what I am talking about.. with internet connection!!)

CU_AMiGA posted on Mar 17 2004 at 05:37 AM said:
As for Military Madness, i couldn't get that bugger working on GPEngine, nor Chase HQ, although that has nothing to do with this thread.
Just as a quick aside, You have to switch the Rom type to US.

CU_AMiGA posted on Mar 17 2004 at 05:37 AM said:
As for Military Madness, i couldn't get that bugger working on GPEngine, nor Chase HQ, although that has nothing to do with this thread.
Just as a quick aside, You have to switch the Rom type to US.

He! Yes i got the US version and it is now working! :) Also got the Famicon Wars for the NES, is there a US version of this game as well?

Back