What are the specs of the case for the Pandora?

Killerx20

Still Fresh
If I'm correct it will be ABS plastic right? What if they used a fiber-reinforced plastic instead? Lightweight and extremely durable without it interfering with the WiFi and Bluetooth, and on top of that it shouldn't cost much.

Well, I think that would be a little overkill. Maybe they could offer such a case for modding later on, but I doubt it. A carbon version would surely cost more than 250€ :wink:

Edit:
The production of a carbon case it totally different. It is molded in several steps. It would be very expensive in this degree of precision the Pandora needs.

Pandora is a clamshell design, so the screen is pretty well protected already. I use a polycarbonate case for my PSP, which looks very nice and is nearly impervious to damage, but it does add a lot to the unit's bulk.
I want to keep my p&|a in my coat pocket rather than have to choose between leaving it at home or carrying a bag everywhere, so a case that makes it a lot bigger would not be ideal for me.

Edit: I just realised you're talking about the actual shell rather than the official carry case. :D

CFRP conducts so would probably not be all that good for wifi/bt transmissions, it's also rather expensive to make compared to injection moulding of plastic.

Back