What Are The Differences Between Blu And Flu?

spider_jerusalem

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi all!

Sorry if this topic has already been posted, but I cant use IPB search engine...

what are the differences? CPU speed? screen size? Memory? Video Memory? Graphs? Enbebed OS? The firmwares are different?

Thanks!

:)

Well, I suppose technically the firmwares are different, but nothing the user will notice. Also, FW can be flashed to an array of homebrewn FWs.

Only real difference is the FLU has a front-lit screen (get it--Front-Lit Unit). The BLU has a back-lit screen (Bet you can't guess what BLU stands for..).

Any new BLU you buy will almost certainly be a BLU+. Search around this help forum for the millions of threads about that topic. ;)

spider_jerusalem posted on Jul 13 2005 at 03:40 AM said:
Hi all!

Sorry if this topic has already been posted, but I cant use IPB search engine...

what are the differences? CPU speed? screen size? Memory? Video Memory? Graphs? Enbebed OS? The firmwares are different?

Thanks!

:)

The BLU has much better contrast like a PDA, the FLU is washed out like a GBA-SP, that is the only difference the screen lighting method.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Jul 13 2005 at 06:19 AM said:
The BLU has much better contrast like a PDA, the FLU is washed out like a GBA-SP, that is the only difference the screen lighting method.

From what I've gathered around these boards here, the FLU looks much better with light turned off than the BLU, though, especially in daylight. Is that right?

I have a FLU and never use the built-in light. Daylight or even any good in-door light source is almost always enough and the batteries last forever this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a flu as well and yes they are very good outdoors without the light. And the colors are not washed out as bad as it may seem from other posts, at least on my unit.

Back