what about binned pandoras as next premium offer?

mhadf

I've found the sweet spot at 850 - Any higher, even with OPP5, and it gets errors building Firefox :cool: Although it seems ok for all other uses at higher speeds!
Ouch.

I have pushed it to just over 1000 at OPP5 without any probs, OPP3 has never worked beyond 720 for me though.

silver

I've found the sweet spot at 850 - Any higher, even with OPP5, and it gets errors building Firefox :cool: Although it seems ok for all other uses at higher speeds!
Ouch.

I have pushed it to just over 1000 at OPP5 without any probs, OPP3 has never worked beyond 720 for me though.
Mine tops out around 850-900Mhz at OPP5. Some apps run fine, but compiling will break it as will some emulation.

Bit disappointing, but gets the job done. But I don't think suggesting 1Ghz at OPP5 is fine is good plan.

DavidBowman

I can get mine to just over 1ghz, but it's not always stable. I think the highest that I've had mine (at OPP 5) was 1050mhz. The desktop freezes immediately if I try to push it past that. I think 850mhz is my sweet spot on OPP3. I rarely overvolt as it doesn't make most things that I do any faster.

PCSX-ReARMed doesn't like anything past ~800mhz now that notaz has implemented the NEON instruction set (not that it needs more speed than that).

Last edited by a moderator:

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
They will all do 800Mhz anyway and dare I say 1Ghz.
My Pandora's maximum is somewhere between 900-950Mhz. At 950Mhz, it crashes.
At OPP5?
Um... at whatever voltage is the default, if I'm understanding this correctly.

I remember back from the GP32 days that simple overclocking was considered safe, but changing the voltage was not, so I haven't tried changing the voltage.

Last edited by a moderator:

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
They will all do 800Mhz anyway and dare I say 1Ghz.
My Pandora's maximum is somewhere between 900-950Mhz. At 950Mhz, it crashes.
At OPP5?
Um... at whatever voltage is the default, if I'm understanding this correctly.

I remember back from the GP32 days that simple overclocking was considered safe, but changing the voltage was not, so I haven't tried changing the voltage.
Oh the GP32 it did require you to open it up and manually solder in a new resistor though, we're not going that far!

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
They should all be able to do 720mhz at opp3.

I thought they all did 800mhz, but it looks like the odd one can't.

I've seen units reach 1ghz on OPP3, but really you would need opp5 in most cases.

I think the beagleboard runs at opp5 now.