What About A Wi-fi Dongle Accessory To Ext Port?

Miika

Only Amiga makes it possible
Website
Visit site
I came up with this idea when I read the post about USB link cables for GP2X.
So I thought about something that might be highly possible, that is wi-fi device connected directly to the EXT.
I know these things can be made very small today, and the power from EXT may be enough to power the accessory and make it portable.

So, I'm just imagining GPH releasing an official Wi-Fi accessory, that is attachable to the EXT, and as all the devices are the same, the drivers could be included in the new firmware. I made a sketch here, it looks ugly but gives the idea. I think an accessory like this would sell :)

55950.jpe Click for bigger image.

Vimacs said:
there's not enough power on the ext port for wifi...
Dang... are you sure it's impossible?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't wont it to be powered of the ext port, I'd rather see it with it's own power be it AA or some kind of pack.

If they can't release the commercial BoB, I'm not surprised that a wi-fi dongle hasn't been done. Seriously doubt there would be any significant demand for it.

i would like it if it covered the entire bottom so there was no edge that stuck out. All that extra space could be used for battery's. It would clip on like those extra battery's for laptops so that it fits perfectly

Back