Warcraft

'Pickle' said:
ive noticed some things on the wiz version and im wondering if anyone using the gp2x version has also seen. Some of this may just be issues with the original game.

1. The worst is a lock up after a certain amount of time. The music continues but the game locks up. Saving occasionally seems to increase the time until it occurs.
2. Going into pause mode and coming back the game runs very fast, going into the ingame menu restores the set speed.
3. The in game volume doesnt take effect until going into the option setting where you can change the volume.
1. I have never experienced this. How long does it take? The longest I have played continuously is around an hour.

2. I notice this, but it only speeds up for a few seconds, depending how long it was paused, before it returns back to normal.

3. I notice this too, but I don't touch the music or sfx volume, so it doesn't bother me.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Pickle' said:
ive noticed some things on the wiz version and im wondering if anyone using the gp2x version has also seen. Some of this may just be issues with the original game.

1. The worst is a lock up after a certain amount of time. The music continues but the game locks up. Saving occasionally seems to increase the time until it occurs.
2. Going into pause mode and coming back the game runs very fast, going into the ingame menu restores the set speed.
3. The in game volume doesnt take effect until going into the option setting where you can change the volume.
1. Longest time I have played for is about 5 hours. No lock ups.

2. Yes, this does happen to me also, but like Manjuu said, the speed returns to normal after a short amount of time.

3. Not noticed this until you pointed it out, but yeah, this happens on the GP2X also.

'Peter R' said:
An issue with one of the libraries on the Wiz?

Could be SDL, I might have to play hooked up to the serial output see if any error messages occur

Update: the crash ended up being a memory issue, setting the sound to 44100/16 bit causes a out of memory error. Setting this back to 22050/8 bit makes it run better.
Talking to M-HT, this probably a result of the size the cache for resampling the sound has to be for the higher resolution sound.

Back