Xbak Controls

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Im looking for suggestions/feedback on the best combination.
Currently I have this setup:

Shoulder Left: When pressed allows small pointer movements, when released allows larger pointer movement.
Shoulder Right: Acts as left mouse click
A,B,X,Y: mapped as arrow keys. This will give quick movement in the 3D view
Stick: of course moves the pointer in the desired direction

Some other ideas I have are use left and right shoulder as right and left mouse clicks, use a different button for the movement size (maybe one of the volume buttons?)

Shoulder Left: When pressed allows small pointer movements, when released allows larger pointer movement.
Shoulder Right: Acts as left mouse click
A,B,X,Y: mapped as arrow keys. This will give quick movement in the 3D view
Stick: of course moves the pointer in the desired direction

Sounds comfortable. I like it.

My intial thoughts was L+R for the mouse clicks, but i can't remember how much the game uses the right click mouse button?

I'd still put left mouse click for L and right mouse click for pointer speed.

Perhaps if you press down on the joystick and then move it that could be for smaller pointer movements?

the normal buttons sounds about right for keypad, its what I presumed you'd do! :)

I got it up and running the other day, it was amazing to see the game on a handheld! :) The 'video' cutscenes seemed to glitch though. But I could walk around in-game no problem.

I think it will be excellently suited to a handheld. Good luck.

quasist:
all rodent driven devices should be functional from the start. You should be able to use a BOB and they should work. I have not tried it though.

InsertFaveGameNameHere:
I thought about the stick button for the slow movement, but anyone with a F200 would be screwed, as ive heard that the on the F200 its simulated by pressing all 4 dpad buttons at once.
Ive played the original in dosbox a little while ago, the right mouse button only function is to show help/description dialogs.

Maybe the left shoulder can be the "modifier" meaning the following:
hold left shoulder, move joystick = small movements of the pointer
hold left sholder, press right shoulder = right muose click

Pickle said:
Maybe the left shoulder can be the "modifier" meaning the following:
hold left shoulder, move joystick = small movements of the pointer
hold left sholder, press right shoulder = right muose click
That sounds like a good idea actually. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back