Want To Play Holdem Poker!!

porting games require the source code. As for getting Texas Holdem in General, Find us an open source Linux Holdem game, and it might be possible to port it.

DD Poker is java-based, so it might work if someone ports a JVM - I don't know much about java, but I guess so long as it's bytecode not compiled for the platform it should be OK. It certainly works in Linux as well as Windows (I run it in both), but I don't recall whether it's a different installer.

But javas not open souce, not the runtime anyway, if your wanting an official sun port, your going to need to convince sun that its worth their time.

fireball87 posted on Dec 24 2005 at 01:39 PM said:
But javas not open souce, not the runtime anyway, if your wanting an official sun port, your going to need to convince sun that its worth their time.

Actually, Blackdown JRE is OpenSource and runs just as well as the Sun JRE. I'm sure it can be ported, just with how much blood sweat and tears. It honestly would be alot easier to write a seperate Texas Hold'em game for the GP2X as opposed to getting Java working.

On the bright side, I have a feeling some sadistic fool will try to port Blackdown sooner or later...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gridmark posted on Dec 31 2005 at 08:32 AM said:
fireball87 posted on Dec 24 2005 at 01:39 PM said:

Actually, Blackdown JRE is OpenSource and runs just as well as the Sun JRE. I'm sure it can be ported, just with how much blood sweat and tears. It honestly would be alot easier to write a seperate Texas Hold'em game for the GP2X as opposed to getting Java working.

On the bright side, I have a feeling some sadistic fool will try to port Blackdown sooner or later...

There's a bunch of poker-related stuff here...

http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=poker..._of_search=soft

Last edited by a moderator:
Back