Want: Old analog oscilloscopes

Iceclaw

Still Fresh
Hey guys,

I want to get started messing with older microprocessors, testing is getting harder and harder without an oscilloscope, so i'm look for an older analog one for cheap. Would be willing to buy or trade some new(ish) tech in exchange. I'm currently in the southwestern US.  

Do you actually need an oscilloscope- or would a digital logic analyser suffice? Are you doing stuff where analog noise, crosstalk or other issues are likely to rain on your parade or do you need to debug digital logic, busses etc.

An oscilloscope is a great tool to have and a skill to learn, but you might want to look at cheap logic analysers too. There's a growing market for hobbyist grade ones and the Salae Logic is certainly one of ( of not the ) best at the moment. Then there's also BitScope which works well but has slightly janky software, and of course those little pocket analysers.

Do you have a budget? And have you asked around at the EEVBlog forums ( tactfully ) where there's a community of electrical engineers likely to have what you're after.

Back