voice calls & video chat service

hum, if that's with my build then I'm interessed in a howto ;) (probably "just" an alsa config, but I never managed to get it :( )

Okay, this is how I got it to work

1. Start Linphone up on your desktop PC

2. Linphone->Preferences

3. Enter a "username" - I don't think it's required though

4. Click Done

5. Start Linphone on your Pandora

6. Linphone->Preferences

7. Again, enter a "username" - I don't think it's required though

8. Make sure the ports are the same (if you've left defaults, you'll be fine)

9. Where it says "Current Identity" on one of the devices, enter the bit inside the angled brackets <> into the "SIP address or phone number" at the top of the window on the other device.

10. Click the green call button.

This time I tried it, I didn't get audio from the Pandora to the desktop. I'm sure I did last time. Are there any PNDs/apps floating around to test the mic on the Pandora?
When you mean another device are you on about a mobile phone.

Can't i just dial a number from my pandora to landline or mobile no.

I tried linphone and can't get it to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, another device means another computer/pandora/phone running Linphone... It's not a "phone number" you're entering, it's an network IP address

No, another device means another computer/pandora/phone running Linphone... It's not a "phone number" you're entering, it's an network IP address
I've done everything right and no luck.

When i enter my home phone no. it just says end of call and it doesn't go through,so how can i phone my own no. for a test if it works.

When i enter my home phone no. it just says end of call and it doesn't go through,so how can i phone my own no. for a test if it works.
Did you even read the post you quoted? ;)

Of course i read the post, i don't have network ip address.

Of course i read the post, i don't have network ip address.
Here's the deal: You can't call a telephone number with that program. My understanding is that it needs you to give it the IP address of another device that is running the same program.

Here's the deal: You can't call a telephone number with that program. My understanding is that it needs you to give it the IP address of another device that is running the same program.
linphone is a SIP client, give it an IP adress or a SIP adress to connect.

If you have an SIP provider that allow bridging to landline then you cann make phone call.

Now the real deal : I never managed to get a full duplex connection myself, so you can ear but cannot talk. I was expecting PMprog to tell me how to solve that but he just documented the client-to-client feature :(

Now the real deal : I never managed to get a full duplex connection myself, so you can ear but cannot talk. I was expecting PMprog to tell me how to solve that but he just documented the client-to-client feature :(
Only because I could have sworn the first time I had two way voice going on, but after that last test, I'm guessing I didn't, or if I did, I'm not sure what I did to get it working, and why it wouldn't work this time.

Have you checked the mic input on your Pandora? This is something I couldn't work out how to check (maybe I didn't look hard enough)

Back