Virtual GameBoy link cables.

GiraffeeDreams

Always Dreaming
Ok so I've been playing Pokemon Red and my wife has been playing Yellow on the Pandora and we were talking about trading pokemon, now I've seen an emulator for the PC that supports link cable over TCP/IP and wondered if that would be possible on the Pandora?

Not stopping at that, the PlayStation had a link cable too, I have no idea if it'd be possible to emulate on our humble black box but the thought of playing Ridge Racer or trade Pokemon with you guys excites me a little.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gameboy/kigb.html

I've been using the Mednafen gameboy emulator as I've been having scaling problems with GnuBoy, on all settings all i get is either nothing, or a tiny box, and if I'm in the mini menu one of the scaling options leaves a large black bar vertically on the screen and I have to switch gui to get rid of it.

Getting some sort of TCP/IP LAN support into Emulators on the Pandora would be the first step. I'm not sure how complicated this is.

The second would, likely, be an application that supports multiplayer matching and creates a tunnel over the internet between two clients, enabling the LAN feature to "just work." I don't know what it's called, but there are plenty of examples of this software in the PC world... some of which was used to get, I think, LAN PSP/DS gaming working online.

Got to agree, I'd love to play some PSX Command & Conquer online :D

Exophase has added netplay to Temper already, although not with intent to work on that port currently as he was initially reluctant to release that beta anyway.

post #18 is encouragingly what your after

You may be able to copy over save states to a PC program for the transfers. Another option would be cheats.

Back