Virtual Dub

MacAttack

Still Fresh
Would anyone know why it is that I have no options to choose from after highlighting the Mpeg Layer-3. You know on the right hand side where I'm supposed to choose the Kbits and Hz :(

MacAttack posted on Aug 12 2003 said:
Would anyone know why it is that I have no options to choose from after highlighting the Mpeg Layer-3. You know on the right hand side where I'm supposed to choose the Kbits and Hz :(
What OS do you use? It's strange that MPEG Layer-3 is not appearing as a selection choice in Virtualdub.

You can download an install of the MP3 codec here:

http://digilander.libero.it/divxdoor1/sw/Mp3Codec.zip

If that doesn't work then perhaps try the Nemo Codec pack available here:
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

If you do install the Nemo pack, the version of XviD that it installs is not compatible with GP Cinema.Unselect XviD as an installation option during the install of the pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but like I said the MPEG layer-3 is there I just don't have any stuff on the right hand side after highlighting the MPEG-3 like I do on all the other compression settings I will try to use some of the codec pack links you have posted for me, and see if something shows up. IM just trying to knock off you more steep you see after doing a dvd to AVI file an hour and a half movie is like 900mb and the audio compression is no good on the file because of my lack of choices on the right-hand side so I have to send the file through movie link to fix the audio that brings the 900mb file down to 70mb file with good audio. as for the video IM not sure you see I have always having to do to double compression technique so i don't know if i am totally screwing up the video or not i figure the every 3rd frame setting would make things pretty jumpy but it still looks good to me besides the weird green pixelated parts that show up every now and again during play back

The newer versions of VirtualDub tend to be a little "smarter" about sound. The options that show up in the right window are the selections that will convert to from the currently selected video/audio file. If no options are listed in the right window you may have problems convrting the audio.

Are you trying to select an audio format before loading the file to convert?

I have tried the little check box for show all formats. But nothing and for the other guy I am picking the format before the compression format so I'll look into that when I get home. I;m doing the dvd to AVI so my audio is the WAV format I was wondering if that had something to do with it but no one had said any different I the guides provided on the Internet so I thought that that probably was not the problem. But thanks hopefully if I pick compression then the source that will show my options on the right. only time will tell..

Jim diGriz Thank you for the link. It has solved the prob. so for those reading theses posts the Radium codec fixed my MPEG problem on windows XP. :D

Back