Video Playback

spyhunter

Still Fresh
Does anyone know of a good DivX playback app on the Caanoo - I have tried the builtin player and mplayer but the screen is pixellated when playing back my videos.

I know it auto converts them and its a shame its not like the original GP32 (or another model I use to own) as the playback on that was great!

Thanks.

Honestly, I just convert the videos for use on my Caanoo. I make them on avidemux, and make the audio MP3 at 320Kbps (for the good moves.... 128kb for the "so so" movies), and the video MPEG4 X-Vid with about 2000kbps, and the video scaled down to 320 pixels wide (so that way the Caanoo doesn't need to scale, and the video is as clean as possible)...

The outcome is great video quality.

i converted to what you stated and all i get is a 'Error! Initialization Failure' message? Any suggestions please?

update: I got them working on the built in player but MPLayer does not work - states the same as above error even though they work in the built in player- do i need to add codecs to mplayer or anything?

No it should work unless you selected the wrong MPEG4 codec. There are more than one in avidemux.

Back