Video Playback Very Slow..

gp4me

Still Fresh
I tried several videos on my gp2x and all of them dropped too many frames. All xvid encodes with resolutions from 640*320 to 512*384 with b-frames only, running at any mode (full, normal and save) give terrible playback. I yet have to try 320*240 but i think that might play without any issue. Any one experiencing similar results?

Mine are fine at those resolutions. What audio codec are they using? Try MP2X for AC3 audio.

You have a few options:

* Clock up CPU
* Get a faster SD card
* Re-encode video/audio at lower res and/or bitrate

how to clock up the cpu speed for video playback?

I just tried resolutions of 320*240 same result slow video playback

In the movie player file selector, push Y. The icon in the top-left corner will change. The choices are "save", "normal" and "full".

If you think your SD card is the problem, try a small movie on the NAND. The NAND chip is fast.

Blah posted on Feb 12 2007 at 05:45 AM said:
In the movie player file selector, push Y. The icon in the top-left corner will change. The choices are "save", "normal" and "full".

If you think your SD card is the problem, try a small movie on the NAND. The NAND chip is fast.

i tried all that. i cut a small clip with virtualdub put it on the nand chip still the same....

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, check what codecs are used for the video and report back, maybe get another video to check too

I could be wrong, but I think the b-frames are the culprit. Re-encode it w/o those and try again.

-Kensupen

Yes the b-frames were the problem. So i guess gp2x player doesn't support b-frames for MPEG4 yet

Back