Video Encoder

fragglerok

Still Fresh
Just been trying out the Lathe video encoder, its a commercial product by the people that made the pocketdivx encoder, but at $6 its not exactly expensive. results so far are very promising, ive taken some divx files and used the pocket pc preset in lathe, and film comes in at aunder 200mb and is very watchable on the gp2x, also works with unencrpted dvd`s ( or use dvd43 it decrypts on the fly). on my p4 3.0 it takes about 3 mins to convert a full length movie or dvd.

Thanks for the review, but there are plenty of free programs that do the exact same thing, just so people know that. If people don't mind paying $6, though, having one program do everything by itself can be a plus.

iignotus posted on Apr 5 2006 at 08:31 AM said:
Thanks for the review, but there are plenty of free programs that do the exact same thing, just so people know that. If people don't mind paying $6, though, having one program do everything by itself can be a plus.
no prob, personally i use vdubmod, i mainly got it to help a non techie friend convert films to his pocket pc but i thought it might be usefull for people that just want a simple convertor with a few presets ( it also has archos, psp phone, and a whole range of others)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back