Very Cheap 32mb Smartmedia (uk Only)

DJWillis

Random GP32/GP2X/Wiz & Pandora Moocher
Website
www.distant-earth.com
This post is shamelessly nicked from the excellent DVD Forums site :D.

Jacobs Digital Photo & Video are offering 32MB SmartMedia here for the great price of £1.99 each + £3 P&P per order. If you’re after a few cards for the odd games, maybe a few ROMs etc. then it looks like a great deal.

You could get 10 * 32MB cards = 320MB total ;) for 23 delivered to your door :D.

Never used Jacobs before so I can’t vouch for them but I think I am going to get a few ordered for development cards.

you cant fit nothing on a 32mb card they aint worth the bother. they my be cheap but you might as well put it towards a 128mb card.

?the beav?

GBA_lover posted on Apr 14 2004 at 10:01 PM said:
you cant fit nothing on a 32mb card they aint worth the bother. they my be cheap but you might as well put it towards a 128mb card.

?the beav?
Nope, I believe you can fit approxiamately 32Megabytes on one of them :). Of course they are worth it for 2 fucking pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
GBA_lover posted on Apr 14 2004 at 11:01 PM said:
I have several 32mb cards, one for each emulator I use for example. You can get plenty of your favorite NES, C64 and PCEngine games on each one. I don't see the point of carrying around 128mb of NES game I'll never play. 32mb is more than you might think.

Too bad i'm not in the UK... I got some kingston 32mb cards for 8e each, and I thought that was a good deal...

Daz_Genetic posted on Apr 14 2004 at 10:03 PM said:

?the beav?
Nope, I believe you can fit approxiamately 32Megabytes on one of them :). Of course they are worth it for 2 fucking pounds.
hmmm... they hold 32mb you say? Interesting...

GBA_lover posted on Apr 14 2004 at 11:01 PM said:
Well 32MB will get you a load of old ScummVM/Sarin games on one card ;).

It could also get you a stack of NES ROMs, 50mins(ish) of OGG/WMA, a load of BOR stuff or a ton of home-brew games :D.

For £2 it looks good to me, also great for when I stuff another SMC with my dodgy attempts at SMC code ;-).

Daz_Genetic posted on Apr 14 2004 at 10:03 PM said:

?the beav?
I wonder how big that would have to be? Does it mean 32 mega bites of a sandwitch or something that can form to the size of the cantainer, like rice or soup (prolly not soup, that would be measured in mega drinks)?

And I'd rather get a 128MB card for slightly more than 4x 32MB. I wounldn't need to swap as much, and BOR would need 2 SMCs & SMC swap capability :(

this is I think a great deal
I already have 3*128 (OGG;DVX;emus)+ 3*64(Doom;KOF91;others) and I must admit that a couple a 32M for NES or PC-E could be good

see you :lol:

Also, its possible to fit up to 2 SMC's into one SMC plastic clamshell holder thingy (ok, 3 if you don't mind it bulging a tiny bit ;I ).

So even with a load of 32mb cards its not too hard to carry them all around along with any other cards you already have 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

i got a little smc pack thingy that came with my digi cam.

i can cary all me 8 128mb cards around with me no problem lol

You can get a CD's worth of music - if you use Ogg, or about half a dozen music videos, or 50+ ebooks on a 32MB card - not bad for 2 quid!

at first i thought it would be crap but then i remember that some emulators dont like being on the same card anyway like os9x and scumm os9x stopped working untill i deleted my os9x config file thing. so i could put them all on seperate cards :D. simpsons episodes could fit on one. oh and anyone found really cheap 128 mb cards anywhere ? <_<

The nice thing about having multiple cards is that you can have all your games on one and all your "private" collection on another :p

Back