Vertical Screen Size On Gp2x

skaboy

Still Fresh
Dear all,

This is an accross-the-board issue that I've encountered: not necessarily a problem; just a little annoyance.

Within MAME and UAE4All this is most noticeable: the extreme top and bottom of the screens are not visible within the emu games on the GP. For example, when playing Pinball Dreams within UAE4All, the ball-launch plunger isn't visible at the bottom of the screen and neither is the top of the text at the head of the screen.

In MAME Bombjack, the player score and number of lives are only partially visible at the bottom of the screen and the score-multiplyer runs off the top.

Is this a known issue or one that's fixable?

Many thanks.

Um ... in MAME you can rotate the screen by pressing L+R ... (I'm pretty sure it's in the readme)

skaboy posted on Mar 23 2006 at 07:50 AM said:
Dear all,

This is an accross-the-board issue that I've encountered: not necessarily a problem; just a little annoyance.

Within MAME and UAE4All this is most noticeable: the extreme top and bottom of the screens are not visible within the emu games on the GP. For example, when playing Pinball Dreams within UAE4All, the ball-launch plunger isn't visible at the bottom of the screen and neither is the top of the text at the head of the screen.

In MAME Bombjack, the player score and number of lives are only partially visible at the bottom of the screen and the score-multiplyer runs off the top.

Is this a known issue or one that's fixable?

Many thanks.
I'm guessing that it is most likely because those games use a 256-line screen size and the GP2X has a 240-line screen, so you would be missing eight pixel lines from the top and another eight from the bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back