/usr/share/applications/op_* how the heck are they created ?

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!
There are 3 of them in the rootfs, and after booting, there's plenty of op_*#0.desktop.

I don't get it.

that's created by pndnotifyd when it is started.

This deamon create these because there are a few PND part of the rootfs defining these apps.

Ok, thanks. That was a bit esoteric.

Oh, and does it do other magical stuff ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pfff, i wrote this :

Code:
for f in /usr/share/applications/op_*; do

sed -i -e "s/Name=/Name=OP-/g" "$f"

done

sed -i -e "s/Name=Pandora nub/Name=OP-Nub/g" /usr/share/applications/nubconfigurator*

It worked perfectly when ran with sudo under Xfce.

But as i inserted a card full of pnd, the old /usr/share/applications/op_* were restored TT !

But as i inserted a card full of pnd, the old /usr/share/applications/op_* were restored TT !
Changing autogenerated file ! Never do that again ;)

pndnotifyd will recreate _all_ its desktop file each time there is an "rescan" even genrated by the system. A mount (or umount) trigger that event ;)

We could change pndnotifyd's filename generation if we wanted to, is not a bad idea. You can tell which ones are generated from libpnd by the content, though, they're very clearly marked and have lots of extra attributes in them :)

jeff

sed -i -e "s/Name=/Name=OP-/g" /usr/share/applications/op_*

CPU-settings

Calibrate Touchscreen

Date and time

LCD settings

Lid-close settings

Tv-out settings

sed -i -e "s/Name=Pandora nub/Name=OP-Nub/g" /usr/share/applications/nubconfigurator*

And Nub configurator.

This way, the menu is cleaner.

Not a problem with the current Zaxxon Xfce menu because all Xfce stuff moved, but new stuff can pop up here, so this way we see quickly OP stuff.

We could change pndnotifyd's filename generation if we wanted to, is not a bad idea. You can tell which ones are generated from libpnd by the content,
The # in the filename is a good demonstration that this is generated from pndnotifyd. In fact the mask *#?.desktop works 100% so far ;)

Oh i also :

sed -i -e "s/Name=PND/Name=pnd/g" /usr/share/applications/op_pndstore*

This way, it's at the bottom of the Menu.

Otherwise it's between Multimedia and System

Back