Using The Built In Selector In Gmenu2x

prairiefire

Ultimate Frisbee Nut
Website
Visit site
Okay, so what i've done recently when accessing the stock music player from gmenu is to change the link so that instead of using the selector, it just opens the music player. This is because I still don't know how to use the selector properly. I know that I can get it to open up a specific folder, and filter out filetypes (so i'm only looking for .mp3's or .ogg's in my audio folder) but once selecting one of those files, it get a blank screen. What do I need to do further? what am I missing as far as getting these files to run on the stock player? (this would also help me with using the selector to load games from various emu's and utilize gmenu closer to it's fullest ability). I've read the readme and updates explaining the selector, but I just don't get it.

Also, does using the selector allow one to play files in the background while using other apps?

PokeParadox posted on Dec 12 2006 at 03:15 PM said:
The selector is only useful for programs that support commandline options.
I don't think the in built music player supports commandline options.
that's interesting since the last few releases of gmenu have the music player link pre-set to use the selector. cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact the builti in selector *supports* command line arguments, and the link in gmenu2x is preconfigured that way to ease the configuration to new users.
But this is true only for firmware 2.1.x
You probably want to change the starting directory, 'cause I forgot it to the value I use (/mnt/sd/Music).

Back